Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i) It's nice to see a correlation between staunch Conservative supporters and avid nu-metal fans; supports a theory I've been stating for years.

ii) Antidotes > The other 3 are about the same and each get by on one stand out song (WWD, Providence (yh not Inhaler ik), Spanish Sahara).

iii) If we're resurrecting tent w*nking etc. let's bring up the drinking the milk from the cereal bowl debate again.

5 hours ago, conroy17 said:

i) It's nice to see a correlation between staunch Conservative supporters and avid nu-metal fans; supports a theory I've been stating for years.

ii) Antidotes > The other 3 are about the same and each get by on one stand out song (WWD, Providence (yh not Inhaler ik), Spanish Sahara).

iii) If we're resurrecting tent w*nking etc. let's bring up the drinking the milk from the cereal bowl debate again.

I think all albums do something different for me.

The last two are definitely have the best live songs in them.

8 hours ago, conroy17 said:

Holy Fire > Antidotes > TLF > WWD

Come on man, only 1 stand out on HF? Prelude, Late Night, Prvidence, Milk & Black Spiders, Inhaler, Bad Habit, My Number, Everytime are all bangers

14 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

Which bands would everyone like to see added to the lineup; I think it's good but I feel a couple more bands across the weekend could make it great.

I'd personally 2-3 of: Don Broco, Deaf Havana, Sum 41, Arcane Roots, Django Django, Peace, The Hives

Out of those I could definitely see Sum, Don or Arcane Roots slotting in, not sure about the others...

A few of Brand New, Don Broco, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, PVRIS, Fightstar, Wolf Alice(although they apparantly aren't playing) would be a huge improvement personally

Apparently in opposition to many peoples thoughts on here I feel that the headliners are actually fairly strong, whilst the lower down acts are maybe lacking a little right now. I was very happy with the additions of Lower Than Atlantis and The Wombats, yet have been slightly disappointed with some questionable additions that will be clogging up slots e.g sleeping with sirens, 5 finger death punch

I'm sure there'll be a few more great acts in the april announcement

4 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

A few of Brand New, Don Broco, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, PVRIS, Fightstar, Wolf Alice(although they apparantly aren't playing) would be a huge improvement personally

Apparently in opposition to many peoples thoughts on here I feel that the headliners are actually fairly strong, whilst the lower down acts are maybe lacking a little right now. I was very happy with the additions of Lower Than Atlantis and The Wombats, yet have been slightly disappointed with some questionable additions that will be clogging up slots e.g sleeping with sirens, 5 finger death punch

I'm sure there'll be a few more great acts in the april announcement

I think 5FDP are a great addition personally, I think we can see Sum41 being added as well as don broco. other possibilities could be Mallory knox, PVRIS, Arcane roots, Good Charlotte, mayday parade?, architects.

Although perhaps they are a bit too big to be added on now I would love to see ADTR added to the bill.

2 minutes ago, callum97 said:

I think 5FDP are a great addition personally, I think we can see Sum41 being added as well as don broco. other possibilities could be Mallory knox, PVRIS, Arcane roots, Good Charlotte, mayday parade?, architects.

Although perhaps they are a bit too big to be added on now I would love to see ADTR added to the bill.

I don't have too much of an issue with 5FDP's music (although its not really my thing), may even decide to check them out myself if I go but I feel they'll be given a highish slot and won't get much of a crowd to show for it compared to somewhere like download (sorry I know that sounds contradictory). 

Yeah its probably too late for ADTR without them appearing in the form of a secret set, I had been hoping for them this whole time.

If you had played me 5FDP records I'd have dismissed them off hand as pish, contrived shouty shite. Fortunately I saw them live first at DL2010. They were great. They have been great every time I have seen them. Some bands struggle to reproduce their studio sound live but others just absolutely blow it away. They are one of the latter. They get great crowd interaction too. I'd highly recommend you do go see them.

If I go to Leeds this year I'll be going to see Foals purely because they seem to be a band similar in that their live stuff is better. It has to be to justify the hype. I hope so. Open mind and all that.

3 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Are we assuming there's still the lockup headliner to be announced? Obviously Dan P Carter has announced the pit but are we still assuming there's a lockup one coming? And if so is it likely to be Sum 41?

Yeah there's definitely still a headliner to come. Sum 41 would be my bet. I think there's at most 3 bands announced for that stage and looking at State Champs positioning on the poster (lower than the other 2 bands who they'd more than likely play higher than) I think they're probably opening main.