Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

ADTR teasing something. Hopefully they were waiting for the announcement of new music before they would be announced for R&L (highly doubt it though but I still have faith) 

Hopefully it's a new album announcement. I really liked their skit they uploaded the other day :P 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wairey said:

My picks would have to be:

Inhaler 

When a fire starts to burn

Snow (Hey Oh)

The Captain 

Thnks fr th Mmrs

quick question, what are the chances of Biffy playing Machines or Who's got a match??

Both fairly likely, the latter being more likely in my opinion.

They played both when they last played Reading in 2013, but obviously their set will be slightly shorter this year. The songs will also be less relevant with the release of their new album imminent.

As much as I love their heavier stuff, I really do like Machines, so I'm holding up hope.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Must have been more than that.for a start,efests wouldn't pull Download from their website for that.The post above mentions something about Van Halen, this must be what he deleted.

Nope, that was it. The reason eFests pulled the Download section is because Copping overreacted to the thing mentioned above and started insulting eFests. Neil then said that if Copping doesn't want bollocks posted about Download on here (not that it was bollocks as it came from an administrator on the official DL forum) then he'll post nothing about Download on here and removed the forum. Entirely justified imo.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nope, that was it. The reason eFests pulled the Download section is because Copping overreacted to the thing mentioned above and started insulting eFests. Neil then said that if Copping doesn't want bollocks posted about Download on here (not that it was bollocks as it came from an administrator on the official DL forum) then he'll post nothing about Download on here and removed the forum. Entirely justified imo.

well then, this copping character sounds like a bit of a nobert 

Just now, DirtyChorizo said:

well then, this copping character sounds like a bit of a nobert 

Oh he's an absolute bellend.

For the record it wasn't me who downvoted your post about my hacker posts haha, I found them funny myself. 

Anyway I was blocked by Andy Copping in like 2014 for telling him his headliners were naff and telling him to book Tool.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Oh he's an absolute bellend.

For the record it wasn't me who downvoted your post about my hacker posts haha, I found them funny myself. 

Anyway I was blocked by Andy Copping in like 2014 for telling him his headliners were naff and telling him to book Tool.

yeah didn't think it was you to be honest, probably just TWIA being salty. i can empathize though, i was at like -13 for a stupid comment i made about political correctness because i was tired and unfiltered. but how you ever get past -1000 is beyond me.

and what a twat. I get blocking trolls but just blocking people because they disagree/criticise is a weak move.

I posted this. It came from one of the staff members. He's probably been sacked now poor lad:

Updated news regarding Dog Tags;

For Download this year we are going to go to multi pay options. Last year’s RFID option was unbelievably good and convenient for all those that it worked for. For those that it didn’t work 100% for the whole weekend there was definitely more of a challenge. We are therefore moving to a cash, contactless, debit and credit card payment as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay option at all of the bars and merch stands and a number of the food stalls. The remainder of the food-stalls and the funfair will take the old fashioned currency of cash.

If Mr Copping tries to bully the removal of this post I shall open a shitstorm of cashless news spam upon him. If anybody would like to copy and paste the above into social media I guess that would be ok too seeing as that hat twat is trying to deny it ever existed.

2 hours ago, KingPin said:

He's a colossal prat, and I honestly don't understand how he's managed to make it as a promoter, does he not understand that exposure and publicity is a good thing? It may not mean a great deal, but with Download already in the shadows in terms of exposure and it being a niche thing does he not realise that the traffic of the website not seeing anything about download is a bad thing? What happens if somebody only uses E-fests for festival news and line up shiz, but isn't an avid follower and knows the line up of most festivals, and also previously had no interest in Download, and would be excited to go see one of their favourite acts, oh I don't know, maybe somebody like Muse or Pearl Jam or Green Day, and Copping goes and books them, but because this site no longer has anything to do with download due to coppings actions, they miss it, that's a lost sale. It's unbelievable, I mean why did he even need to attack e-fests at all? who cares about that news article, it'll be buried before next week, and it came from download themselves ffs.

If he actually sold his fest out every year then he shouldn't care but as it never sells out highly in part due to it's niche market in many ways he's an idiot.

Tempted to actually forget about a day ticket and wait for bands to tour as I don't enjoy giving that festival money or what it charges me to do so.

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

yeah didn't think it was you to be honest, probably just TWIA being salty. i can empathize though, i was at like -13 for a stupid comment i made about political correctness because i was tired and unfiltered. but how you ever get past -1000 is beyond me.

and what a twat. I get blocking trolls but just blocking people because they disagree/criticise is a weak move.

I had fuck all to do with your down votes.....you aren't worth that time of the day to me.

2 hours ago, OscarEB said:

From the headliners, most looking forward to

Biffy - jokes on us/bubbles/ golden rule/G&T

FOB - I don't care

Dislosure - the one with London grammar 

Foals -WWD

RHCP - scar tissue/otherside/can't stop/give it away

I don't rate I don't care myself, think that came in a period when they really shot themselves and could have become headliners comfortable by now.

It's a shame RHCP don't do Parrallel Universe or Universally Speaking anymore. I will like stuff that they do but it just won't be worth my time. I reckon it stays at Coachella with them for me which was the best I saw them.

12 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I think Andy Copping has deleted most of the tweets about efestivals.

The only thing left on his Twitter feed now is a single brief comment about efestivals commenting about cashless without having the official information as they are 'desperate for content'

Whatever kicked off between efests and Copping is no longer on there.

Surely if you want to make a fuss about something, at least leave the tweets on there.Deleting them makes it look like he didn't have conviction on what he said in the first place.

it's all there exactly as it ever was.

Tho since I last looked, with added slaggings of Copping for his small-mindedness - tho I've no idea who made those. I wonder if they got blocked too?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's all there exactly as it ever was.

Tho since I last looked, with added slaggings of Copping for his small-mindedness - tho I've no idea who made those. I wonder if they got blocked too?

Are we allowed to have a Download thread in the other uk festivals part of the forum?

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't rate I don't care myself, think that came in a period when they really shot themselves and could have become headliners comfortable by now.

It's a shame RHCP don't do Parrallel Universe or Universally Speaking anymore. I will like stuff that they do but it just won't be worth my time. I reckon it stays at Coachella with them for me which was the best I saw them.

Both of those songs were played in the last tour. They didn't play them in the recent shows but those usually were 60 minutes set with strange setlists with some cool old songs. 

They change a lot between tours (except the hits) so you won't know what songs are in rotation this time until the tour. 

Copping is a parody of himself these days. Just an absolute w*nker. Imagine kicking off about something being talked about that was released by your own PR team ffs. If ever there was someone who deserves to be taken down a peg its Copping. Someone should set up a parody Copping Twitter account although knowing him he'd probably sue them. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

No idea, but I wonder if he'll need a new head to keep under it after Melvin's had a word.

We should now run a sweepstake for how long those tweets will remain there. :P

Would say you should publish them on your site, but then you'd be doing him a favour.

I cringed looking at his tweets. Just awful.