Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

if you say so, they looked absolutely shocking is all i'm saying.

also how in gods name did you get access to that biffy vid. it's not listed. or am i missing something.

Paramore were awesome, a really good headliner, they had enough hits aswell which I found surprising. Everything from their stage presence to sound quality to production was mega.

I went into that gig not a Paramore fan at all and I came out of it a huge one. My favourite Leeds performance to date.

TL:DR Paramore were good man

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

really? i mean it's personal taste obviously. but blink 182 were well past there prime. paramore as a headliner is pretty self explanatory. and arctic monkeys, while being phenomenal in general, they got mixed opinions about that performance. subs were pretty good though. and QOTSA looked pretty good as well. defo not the right crowd for mackerelmore though haha

in what world are Jake Bugg and Macklemore pretty good?

really? i mean it's personal taste obviously. but blink 182 were well past there prime. paramore as a headliner is pretty self explanatory. and arctic monkeys, while being phenomenal in general, they got mixed opinions about that performance. subs were pretty good though. and QOTSA looked pretty good as well. defo not the right crowd for mackerelmore though haha

I was in roughly the same place for Macklemore and Paramore and I thought, apart from the bit where Paramore's sound died, Macklemore got a better reaction from the crowd. Although Paramore put on a much better show and had more bangerz.

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is that The Weeknd?

I thought the same thing, don't know what the fuck to expect from this now.

also how in gods name did you get access to that biffy vid. it's not listed. or am i missing something.

It was posted on team biffy section of their site, you can only get onto it with the direct youtube link as it's unlisted.

5 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Paramore were awesome, a really good headliner, they had enough hits aswell which I found surprising. Everything from their stage presence to sound quality to production was mega.

I went into that gig not a Paramore fan at all and I came out of it a huge one. My favourite Leeds performance to date.

TL:DR Paramore were good man

fair enough, i wasn't there, but they did get audio/reverbe cuts a lot of the time. i'm not really a fan tbh anyway, i find it a bit cheesy but each to their own. respect for not be irritatingly passive aggressive like yellow.

2015 really doesn't hold much over this line-up. metallica were quality but libertines much like blink 182 are past there prime and the drugs have taken a toll on Pete. Alt J were better than M&S (lol that's a bad abbreviation) which was weird but they were still okayish. people moshing to them was fucking tragically hilarious to watch though. subs were pretty great that year though to be fair. it's a shame marmozets got such a shit crowd.

Blink-182 and QOTSA were both exceptional, Paramore we're also very good, Arctic Monkeys i didn't enjoy the set, but as you said, it got very mixed opinions. Blink might be past their prime but they still put on an amazing show. If Blink are past their prime then surley Metallica are even futher past their prime as they've not released a good album since 1996, their most recent was okay. 2014 had a great line up aside from how Jake Bugg was a sub, in my opinion Macklemore was actually decent, strange to be playing between Blink and YMAS but it was still not a bad set at all.

Edited by Gozpot

2 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Blink-182 and QOTSA were both exceptional, Paramore we're also very good, Arctic Monkeys i didn't enjoy the set, but as you said, it got very mixed opinions. Blink might be past their prime but they still put on an amazing show. If Blink are past their prime then surley Metallica are even futher past their prime as they've not released a good album since 1996, their most recent was okay. 2014 had a great line up aside from how Jake Bugg was a sub, in my opinion Macklemore was actually decent, strange to be playing between Blink and YMAS but it was still not a bad set at all.

blink got a pretty poor reaction afterwards from what i remember but like i said i wasn't there so i'm just going off the video footage.

17 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

fair enough, i wasn't there, but they did get audio/reverbe cuts a lot of the time. i'm not really a fan tbh anyway, i find it a bit cheesy but each to their own. respect for not be irritatingly passive aggressive like yellow.

I didn't feel like it came across too well on the TV coverage watching it back tbf, sounded completely different live, absolutely smashed the set.
I thought blink actually put on a good show, crowd were crazy, turned out to be their last UK show with the proper lineup too which was a bonus.
Arctics whilst being a fan and they still did a good show was slightly less exciting to me than the others for some reason, crowd just wasn't all it that night I guess.

Edited by meepmoop

3 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

I didn't feel like it came across too well on the TV coverage watching it back tbf, sounded completely different live, absolutely smashed the set.
I thought blink actually put on a good show, crowd were crazy, turned out to be their last show with the proper lineup too which was a bonus.
Arctics whilst being a fan and they still did a good show too was slightly less exciting to me than the others for some reason, crowd just wasn't all it I guess that night.

They played one show after Reading in California and that was Tom's last, nonetheless it was still their second last show together and last European show together