Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends I regularly go Reading with are all very excited for this year and we've even managed to convince a few of our other friends to come with the likes of Disclosure, Jack U and Fetty Wap so in terms of ticket sales they're definitely going pick up sales not just drop them

If any of you are members of Team Biffy sign into the account and you get a 15 second clip of what I can only guess to be a track on the new album. Si wasn't wrong when he said this was going to be different: starts off with an electronic voice and then finishes with a couple of heavy guitar chords. Also, with all this "Biffy Clyro..." going around, possible name for the album?

1 minute ago, hamishrankin said:

If any of you are members of Team Biffy sign into the account and you get a 15 second clip of what I can only guess to be a track on the new album. Si wasn't wrong when he said this was going to be different: starts off with an electronic voice and then finishes with a couple of heavy guitar chords. Also, with all this "Biffy Clyro..." going around, possible name for the album?

Anyway you could share the clip? Biffy Clyro... As an album name seems to be possible because they've put that everywhere

20 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Anyway you could share the clip? Biffy Clyro... As an album name seems to be possible because they've put that everywhere

I'd be slightly disappointed with that, self titled album names are boring but also Biffy are a band of weird and wonderful lyrics, song titles and album titles, surly "Biffy Clyro..." is just a bit bland for their standards

21 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

I'd be slightly disappointed with that, self titled album names are boring but also Biffy are a band of weird and wonderful lyrics, song titles and album titles, surly "Biffy Clyro..." is just a bit bland for their standards

As long as it isn't as bad as the 1975s new album title I don't care

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Has the reaction to this line up really been that bad from the general public? Most my mates have been positive, preferring it to previous years. Personally not a fan but to base the general public's opinion on a forum and a few comments on twitter is naive.

no to put it simply. the line-up is better than the previous two years

Edited by DirtyChorizo

9 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

I wish people would stop caring so much about names and artwork and actually just judge an album on the music.

I bet someone thought the banana on the Velvet Underground was daft.

i think you are mostly right, however you do need to have some level of success to draw crowds.

We are scientists having a slot on the festival republic stage possibly second down? Or early nme? Just noticed they're doing some shows and they always seem to enjoy RandL. If this does happen; with maximo park and the wombats, I am starting to feel very '2007-ish', cant complain!

4 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

2014 was a good line up in my opinion. I'd put this years on a par with last years.

really? i mean it's personal taste obviously. but blink 182 were well past there prime. paramore as a headliner is pretty self explanatory. and arctic monkeys, while being phenomenal in general, they got mixed opinions about that performance. subs were pretty good though. and QOTSA looked pretty good as well. defo not the right crowd for mackerelmore though haha

2015 really doesn't hold much over this line-up. metallica were quality but libertines much like blink 182 are past there prime and the drugs have taken a toll on Pete. Alt J were better than M&S (lol that's a bad abbreviation) which was weird but they were still okayish. people moshing to them was fucking tragically hilarious to watch though. subs were pretty great that year though to be fair. it's a shame marmozets got such a shit crowd.

27 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

as in; one of the better headline sets of the last 9 years of Reading Festival?

if you say so, they looked absolutely shocking is all i'm saying.

also how in gods name did you get access to that biffy vid. it's not listed. or am i missing something.

Edited by DirtyChorizo