Lineup 2016

Matt42

33 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Listen to Galvanise by The Chemical Brothers, you will know that, LCD Soundsystem are also headlining Coachella in America although i don't understand how as i didn't imagine them being anywhere big enough to headline major festivals, let alone Coachella.

Seems weird for them to accept lower than headliner slots in several festivals when surely they should be trying to push themselves up the ladder rather than settling for 2nd best.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MontheBiff1997 said:

Seems weird for them to accept lower than headliner slots in several festivals when surely they should be trying to push themselves up the ladder rather than settling for 2nd best.

I think Biffy don't care too much about that, i get the idea the main thing for them is the music itself and not so much getting worldwide recognition unlike a lot of bands

1 minute ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

They can't though, can they? Just because they're big in the UK doesn't mean they can turn down low slots in France and Belgium and stuff if they want to get paid. Loads of variations between placings in different countries, and quite rightly.

Definitely don't think the album will push them anywhere. They'd do pretty well to keep the level of popularity that they'd had in recent years.

On the Shadow Puppets front, I could see them slotting in between Chvrches & Foals/Disclosure on the main but nowhere else- beside would REALLY strengthen that day in particular in terms of big name '' '' ''indie acts'' '' ''.  Don't think theyd slot anywhere else unless they play a secret set but I doubt that.

They are at some fest in Austria or something the weekend before so they are definitely active- and they suit the demographic perfectly- if they're not at leeds AT ALL then wtf has gone on there.

Only reason I could think of them being held back is because they want AT LEAST ONE big name to announce in mid april or whenever the next announcement is.

If I appear to be chatting shit it's because I'm drunk x

Also Yellow, I agree with most of what you say just please stop being so c**ty xx

Also Will2609, Muse haven't been good since 2006 xx

Also TheWayI Am log off and go get a real job xx

Also follow me on Twitter @LiamConroy17 . I love you Efestivals xx

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They can't though, can they? Just because they're big in the UK doesn't mean they can turn down low slots in France and Belgium and stuff if they want to get paid. Loads of variations between placings in different countries, and quite rightly.

Definitely don't think the album will push them anywhere. They'd do pretty well to keep the level of popularity that they'd had in recent years.

I have good feelings about this new album though. I hope it stays more along the more 'mainstream' path they've taken recently (I know they said it's back to their roots but how many bands say that and then produce something completely different).

34 minutes ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

I have good feelings about this new album though. I hope it stays more along the more 'mainstream' path they've taken recently (I know they said it's back to their roots but how many bands say that and then produce something completely different).

that's the exact opposite direction that most people want the new album to take. i doubt it's gonna sound anything like their first three albums, but they've done the mainstream thing to do death now, so much so that half of the songs on Opposites sounded the same. back to something a little bit more experimental please

10 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Don't think anyone has brought it up yet, Secret Set(s), do we think there will be any? How many and who? The last few years every major act that has played a secret set has played the following year, so might be a hint at an act for next year too.

How big have the secret set artists been in previous years?

As TLSP haven't been announced I thought they could be the secret set. Are they of a similar popularity to previous artists who have done secret sets?

19 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

As TLSP haven't been announced I thought they could be the secret set. Are they of a similar popularity to previous artists who have done secret sets?

well it' been Foals, Jamie T and Green Day in previous years so yeah, i'd say TLSP are a good bet for this years*

edit* although all of those acts went on to play the following year, which i don't think TLSP would do as i doubt they'll be touring for that long

Edited by FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well it' been Foals, Jamie T and Green Day in previous years so yeah, i'd say TLSP are a good bet for this years*

edit* although all of those acts went on to play the following year, which i don't think TLSP would do as i doubt they'll be touring for that long

TLSP secret set followed by Arctic Monkeys next year could be possible? Although I doubt AM will be back touring by then.

15 hours ago, redyellowedge said:
1 hour ago, hamishrankin said:

The last four have been Foals, Jamie T, The 1975 and Green Day, so they're normally big acts and all have gone on to play the following year, I guess it depends who is around at the time, maybe YMAS, Royal Blood, Alt-J, TLSP, Tame Impala I think are in Europe around the 

5 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

The last four have been Foals, Jamie T, The 1975 and Green Day, so they're normally big acts and all have gone on to play the following year, I guess it depends who is around at the time, maybe YMAS, Royal Blood, Alt-J, TLSP, Tame Impala I think are in Europe around the 

The 1975 were announced in 2013 and were a standard mid-FR band (albeit one who got a big crowd).

You Me at Six, Royal Blood and alt-J have no dates whatsoever lined up, Tame Impala are in America in August, TLSP are the most likely imo.

always hard to guess the secret sets this early on - if not TLSP, i'm sure another act will come out of nowhere and announce an album and we'll be saying 'there's your 2017 headliner/2016 secret set'. nobody expected Foals new album to be out so soon/for them to be active

Edited by FloorFiller

37 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

The 1975 were announced in 2013 and were a standard mid-FR band (albeit one who got a big crowd).

You Me at Six, Royal Blood and alt-J have no dates whatsoever lined up, Tame Impala are in America in August, TLSP are the most likely imo.

YMAS, Royal Blood and Alt-J are all based in the UK and we know Royal Blood are working on an album, YMAS are due an album, wouldn't be a big stretch of the imagination to see any of them, although TLSP would seem the most likely as they do have dates

7 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

YMAS, Royal Blood and Alt-J are all based in the UK and we know Royal Blood are working on an album, YMAS are due an album, wouldn't be a big stretch of the imagination to see any of them, although TLSP would seem the most likely as they do have dates

They're not going to start up rehearsals etc. for a secret set at Reading and Leeds.

If Royal Blood or ymas have album releases around the time of the festival then they're probably going to be rehearsing. I think ymas are actually a really good shout, especially if TLSP end up in the sub slot for foals/disclosure 

Edited by zak14

I think YMAS is a good shout for a secret set. Why does everyone keep saying there is no room for TLSP? All you can do is guess at the stage splits so really you have no idea what slots are left, your views are all on assumptions. I don't think anyone would have had Editors 5th down main in 2013. Reading have never announced like this before so what's to say they've done it like this because they have a lot of high NME and Main still to be announced and didn't want to put TBA or Special Guests all over the lineup page like they did with alt-j last year. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think YMAS is a good shout for a secret set. Why does everyone keep saying there is no room for TLSP? All you can do is guess at the stage splits so really you have no idea what slots are left, your views are all on assumptions. I don't think anyone would have had Editors 5th down main in 2013. Reading have never announced like this before so what's to say they've done it like this because they have a lot of high NME and Main still to be announced and didn't want to put TBA or Special Guests all over the lineup page like they did with alt-j last year. 

Yes it's based on assumption. You're familiar with these forums aren't you? Whenever someone suggests a band that could play should the uniform response be "they're not announced yet but wait and see"? :lol:

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes it's based on assumption. You're familiar with these forums aren't you? Whenever someone suggests a band that could play should the uniform response be "they're not announced yet but wait and see"? :lol:

I know but people are stating it as fact, as if TLSP can't be placed anywhere else because they weren't in the first announcement.

12 minutes ago, foolee said:

I know but people are stating it as fact, as if TLSP can't be placed anywhere else because they weren't in the first announcement.

Nope. Man asked what we thought about certain bands playing. I offered my opinion, Will had similar thoughts, a couple disagreed, and that was it.