Lineup 2016

Matt42

16 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Seems like two fingers up at R+L to me, neither probably was satisfied as a co-headliner and from what I heard in an interview in Kerrang they made it clear that R+L wanted GnR but couldn't get them so settled on Biffy and FoB so might just be their way of saying fuck you to the festival.

Yeah I think we knew the Biffy/FOB combo was a back-up plan. I don't see how this is a fuck you to R&L, it just makes it seem even more of a poor decision by FR  to market them as two headliners.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Seems like two fingers up at R+L to me, neither probably was satisfied as a co-headliner and from what I heard in an interview in Kerrang they made it clear that R+L wanted GnR but couldn't get them so settled on Biffy and FoB so might just be their way of saying fuck you to the festival.

Uhhh how did you arrive at that? Why would they be sticking two fingers up at an event they're playing and the only festival willing to have them headline? Why would Fall Our Boy be unsatsified at coheadlining to the point they'd sub their coheadliner at the other show?

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

don't see anybody deciding that it's terrible - just people hoping that it's not terrible

Sorry, I'd been chatting to a couple of people about the clips and they were saying how bad they thought it was going to be, and I thought someone on here had said something similar. My bad :mellow:

9 hours ago, Gozpot said:

When The Stone Roses are around and doing stuff this summer. If they're not announced for Glastonbury it will look even more stupid on Festival Republic's part.

11 hours ago, VCK said:

When The Stone Roses are around and doing stuff this summer. If they're not announced for Glastonbury it will look even more stupid on Festival Republic's part.

They won't be at Glastonbury, they announced Adele (how predictable) as the last headliner last night

Hmm just looking at the Rock en Seine leak;

Vendredi 26 Août 2016 :
– The Last Shadow Puppets
– Eagles of Death Metal
– Two Door Cinema Club
– Birdy Nam Nam
– Caravan Palace
– Breakbot
– Royal Republic
– Clutch

Samedi 27 Août 2016 :
– Massive Attack
– Sigur Rós
– Casseurs Flowters
– Edward Shape & The Magnetic Zeros
– Bring Me The Horizon
– Wolfmother

Dimanche 28 Août 2016 :
– Foals
– Iggy Pop
– Sum 41
– Chvrches
– Cassius
– Ghinzu
– Gregory Porter

So Sum-41 won't be headlining The Pit/Lock Up if they're there at all. TLSP would have to squeeze onto Chilis day so that decimates the already tiny chances. Clutch, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros and Wolfmother could still slot in - that's all I'm really expecting.

On 2/7/2015 at 1:22 PM, dentalplan said:

I wouldn't say so if they're both touring, as I'm sure they will be. There were two stadium headliners in 2013 as well.

I don't think the likes of Chase & Status and The Vaccines are ready to step up. Certainly not the latter if they're not headlining stuff this year. Imagine Dragons would probably be a safer bet.

Sum would be playing Friday Reading & Saturday Leeds right?

Reckon they could slot in like 5th down on main?

1 hour ago, peruvianjoco said:

Sum would be playing Friday Reading & Saturday Leeds right?

Reckon they could slot in like 5th down on main?

Not sure. Seems a bit crowded at the top of that bill anyway. Could they go 6th? Or FR headliner?

31 minutes ago, JackTheReadingGoer said:

I know they're only playing one festival at the moment, but is Pendulum completely out of the question? 

Yeah for this year I'd say so.

Ultra is this weekend init? Might have some more news on reunion with that, I guess.