Lineup 2016

Matt42

Just now, DirtyChorizo said:

cage the elephant and slaves are hopefully on main stage but this is probably mostly accurate

This is all just based off looking at the acts and where they would fit, where they are on the list and where bands have played in previous years, won't be very accurate but will probably give a fair general gist of things

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MontheBiff1997 said:

Fair enough, I never realised there was such a gap between UK and overseas sales. Who's headlining above them?

I knew they had little to no foot in America but i'm surprised myself at Europe, At Benicassim they're Sub Headlining and the headliners are The Chemical Brothers, Muse and Kendrick at Pukkelpop i think so far it's The Chemical Brothers and LCD Soundsystem headlining. Not sure if the other has been announced or where Biffy are playing.

1 minute ago, redyellowedge said:

Anyone fancy judging some wild, bold predictions on their likelihood of slotting in

Any of:

Pup

Black Peaks

FIDLAR

Neck Deep

Sum 41

Every Time I Die

Twin Atlantic

Last Shadow Puppets

The Weeknd

Gnarwolves

Wolf Alice

VANT

Sunflower Bean

Stormzy

The LaFontaines

weeknd and TLSP out of those lot are probably the most likely. maybe Stormzy as well but they've already got BBK so they don't really need him.

13 minutes ago, redyellowedge said:

Anyone fancy judging some wild, bold predictions on their likelihood of slotting in

Any of:

Pup

Black Peaks Probably once Download is out of the way.

FIDLAR Too soon I think, but they're touring around then.

Neck Deep Maybe. Decent slot last year so it'd be back to The Pit or maybe mid-NME.

Sum 41 They looked very likely but can't see why they wouldn't have been part of the announcement. Maybe Hevy headliners?

Every Time I Die 

Twin Atlantic Year off, I'd think.

Last Shadow Puppets Would've been announced already, and possibly too big to slot in.

The Weeknd Seems like he could be there in that sub slot as rumoured but possibly held back to try and drum up some interest in the Rihanna tour. I don't quite see it though. Also not doing fests so far, not even the ones tour mates Rihanna and Big Sean are like V and Pukkelpop.

Gnarwolves I don't reckon R+L will share much with Hevy.

Wolf Alice One of the guys in the band said they're not doing R+L, and they're not on the bill, so that's probably right.

VANT Very likely.

Sunflower Bean Quite likely. Around at the time.

Stormzy Yeah also very likely.

The LaFontaines

There. Bold enough? Not sure about the others.

10 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

maybe Stormzy as well but they've already got BBK so they don't really need him.

What?

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What?

they've already got the grime attraction that is needed to draw that crowd. obviously they aren't limited to one grime artist but i don't think they pay out for him considering they've already got K&K and BBK also stormzy performed last year so no i don't think he'll be there.

TLSP are definitely not to big to slot in and I don't see why they would've already been announced

14 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

they've already got the grime attraction that is needed to draw that crowd. obviously they aren't limited to one grime artist but i don't think they pay out for him considering they've already got K&K and BBK also stormzy performed last year so no i don't think he'll be there.

TLSP are definitely not to big to slot in and I don't see why they would've already been announced

With the hype around grime atm, more grime artists is probably what they want

7 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

With the hype around grime atm, more grime artists is probably what they want

true, which is why i said "maybe stormzy" instead of just instantly dismissing it. still i don't think they need another grime artist as the demographic that grime is popular in, you also have a large audience for house music/EDM in that same demographic so disclosure and Jack U along with the current grime artists is probably enough. still a chance though. 

Edited by DirtyChorizo

41 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

Because they announce all their big acts in an attempt to sell tickets and there's no reason to hold back TLSP...

They definitely won't be there in an announced slot, and probably not The Weeknd either unless he's being held back to help Rihanna's sales.

52 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Because they announce all their big acts in an attempt to sell tickets and there's no reason to hold back TLSP...

They definitely won't be there in an announced slot, and probably not The Weeknd either unless he's being held back to help Rihanna's sales.

how do we know if they've announced all the big acts first if we don't even know what they'll be announcing next based on the fact that one or two big acts were announced later in the 2015 lineup. TLSP would be third down most likely and that would make perfect sense considering the spaces that need filling

Edited by DirtyChorizo

Just now, DirtyChorizo said:

how do we know if they've announced all the big acts first if we don't even know what they'll be announcing next. TLSP would be third down most likely and that would make perfect sense considering the spaces that need filling

Where exactly would they fit? The top is full, They'd be third/fourth down, there's no space

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

true, which is why i said "maybe stormzy" instead of just instantly dismissing it. still i don't think they need another grime artist as the demographic that grime is popular in, you also have a large audience for house music/EDM in that same demographic so disclosure and Jack U along with the current grime artists is probably enough. still a chance though. 

There isn't just a set quota of grime artists that they need?? They book what's popular, grime is popular, so why not book as many popular/feasible grime artists as they can? They have a 1xtra stage ffs.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

I knew they had little to no foot in America but i'm surprised myself at Europe, At Benicassim they're Sub Headlining and the headliners are The Chemical Brothers, Muse and Kendrick at Pukkelpop i think so far it's The Chemical Brothers and LCD Soundsystem headlining. Not sure if the other has been announced or where Biffy are playing.

I don't know much about those artists (apart from Muse) but for them to be subbing them shows how big that gap in popularity is. Kinda hoping this new album propels them to worldwide status rather than just high up in the UK

2 minutes ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

I don't know much about those artists (apart from Muse) but for them to be subbing them shows how big that gap in popularity is. Kinda hoping this new album propels them to worldwide status rather than just high up in the UK

Listen to Galvanise by The Chemical Brothers, you will know that, LCD Soundsystem are also headlining Coachella in America although i don't understand how as i didn't imagine them being anywhere big enough to headline major festivals, let alone Coachella.