Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, #FreeComTruise said:

No idea at all, TITP maybe? Will's suggested Summer Sessions and Big Weekend. Considering the arena tour is almost definitely towards the end of the year, they must have some big summer plans for the UK.. I'd have thought anyway.

Two festivals - those two in particular - would be a fairly quiet summer considering they're launching a new album and are apparently doing a 'handful' of festivals. Playing second stage or something at R1BW and playing to 25k fans in Glasgow isn't much at all.

44 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Another set of co headliners? Seriously, why?

I think Neil just wanted to have a punt on a headliner but wanted to know if he'd get paid off on the chance that it was part of a two-headed booking as well.

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Ben From Devon/Dan From Devon co-headline.

Sorry I have to rule myself out! But their is always the killers they are performing live again and free around August time and they fed up with V. Seriously I can not believe that a reading festival has so called issues concerning headliners it is one of the biggest festival in U.k if not Europe and has abit of history attracted to the Event. Something is not right. 

45 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

If the third headliner is a Pendulum/Chase and Status co-headline, then the undercard would have to be the best fucking undercard in the world to convince me to get a ticket.

things like this are becoming more likely tbh as the fucking Adidas trackie wearing chavs have become so inbred to the point where they actually confuse reading with creamfields

Have we established where this "Neil doesn't think Biffy are doing R&L" thing has come from that Gazza keeps harping on about (or sprouting)?

I keep trying to ask him but I think he's blocked me or is at least ignoring me.

I'm pretty sure it never happened and from something Gazza said earlier today I think he may have confused it with what Neil said about them not doing Soni. 

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Have we established where this "Neil doesn't think Biffy are doing R&L" thing has come from that Gazza keeps harping on about (or sprouting)?

I keep trying to ask him but I think he's blocked me or is at least ignoring me.

I'm pretty sure it never happened and from something Gazza said earlier today I think he may have confused it with what Neil said about them not doing Soni. 

I think that's correct, yes.

3 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

When's the 3rd announcement normally?

Typically it's on the second or third Monday in March but it was a bit earlier last time. Probably will be again.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Neil just wanted to have a punt on a headliner but wanted to know if he'd get paid off on the chance that it was part of a two-headed booking as well.

Oh right then. Seriously hope it isn't co heads

24 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

things like this are becoming more likely tbh as the fucking Adidas trackie wearing chavs have become so inbred to the point where they actually confuse reading with creamfields

Wow

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So... less "Adidas trackie wearing chavs" and more Oasis?

pretty much, but in all honesty I just don't want any EDM or brainless house music anywhere high on the line up (disclosure ruined that) but people/middle class privately educated white kids can wear trackies and speak in the third person about themselves  all they want to be honest, it doesn't bother me that much unless they try to talk to me.

2 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

pretty much, but in all honesty I just don't want any EDM or brainless house music anywhere high on the line up (disclosure ruined that) but people/middle class privately educated white kids can wear trackies and speak in the third person about themselves  all they want to be honest, it doesn't bother me that much unless they try to talk to me.

Not sure many middle class kids are privately educated. Agree with you on the rest of it though...

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Probably heard it on kerrang radio.

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

sooo ... does anyone know how the betting works for a headliner is its a co-headliner?

I have an idea for a punt, but the punt is only worth it if it pays out on either possibility.

Could it be that R & L are going to follow other festivals and have a headliner but then follow this was some type of dance music as a closing set on the Main Stage, they have done this successfully in the NME tent and to get rid of having 1/2 empty tents for bands like Faith no More and At the Drive In. Maybe the crowds on the Main Stage for headliners is getting smaller each year? 

Could easily be someone like Biffy, Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, followed by Chase and Status, Pendulum? 

what about The Strokes headlining? they're a big band but not as big as RHCP these days, so if RHCP are the big headliner, these guys could be second best? (i doubt it'll get any smaller than foals/disclosure). They were well received at BST, and currently recording new music. 

infact, i can see them headlining with TLSP as a sub. Miles and Alex attended the BST gig and those 2 on the same bill would get my ticket and im sure many others.

Edited by Nick Aldous