Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

i dunno that he wouldn't, to be honest. ego only goes as far as your manager.

Behave yourself man lol. It's not a bloody Raheem Sterling transfer we're on about here!

And his pay packet that would be less if he wasn't outright headlining as it would be less of a fee. 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

sooo ... does anyone know how the betting works for a headliner is its a co-headliner?

I have an idea for a punt, but the punt is only worth it if it pays out on either possibility.

They'd pay out at least half odds for sure. Betting companies love to show they're the best to their customers

Interesting, the rumours page only has one realistic headliner now - Biffy. Either that or the suggested second co-headline act.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It's not going to be BMTH.

Haha of course it's not! They subbed last year, and are doing Big Weekend and most probably Glastonbury this year.

But still, we seem to be lacking in the 'heavier' division this year, had to chuck them into my wishlist!

Edited by Biogeneric

1 minute ago, Biogeneric said:

Haha of course it's not! They subbed last year, and are doing Big Weekend and most probably Glastonbury this year.

But still, we seem to be lacking in the 'heavier' division this year, had to chuck them into my wishlist!

RHCP are headlining a lot of 'heavier' festivals this year at either side of the Atlantic. Could mean that they're going for a heavier direction, or perhaps it's just because the well of headliners that can play those fests is kinda dry.

Just now, dentalplan said:

RHCP are headlining a lot of 'heavier' festivals this year at either side of the Atlantic. Could mean that they're going for a heavier direction, or perhaps it's just because the well of headliners that can play those fests is kinda dry.

I wouldn't mind that, they have a great array of songs, and some excellent jams. A shame that most of their classics are generally on the softer side though.

11 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

We were tricked into thinking this would happen with Muse ...And then we got songs like Revolt.

But at Download we did get Micro Cuts, Dead Star and Agitated though. ;)

Still... would've gladly traded the likes of Reapers and Uprising for Assassin and Futurism!

Edit; Oops, just realised you were both on about new albums, not setlists!

Edited by Biogeneric

10 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Interesting, the rumours page only has one realistic headliner now - Biffy. Either that or the suggested second co-headline act.

You would think that with Green Day and Foo's dropped from the rumors page that there is some info it's not them, given it'll be announced later this month as well.

If it's Biffy, I'm going to the idea that who they wanted/had wasn't really viable in the end, Biffy were going to open up NME anyway and are being asked to fill in. 

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If it's Biffy, I'm going to the idea that who they wanted/had wasn't really viable in the end, Biffy were going to open up NME anyway and are being asked to fill in. 

If they aren't the last headliner then I can see this happening to be fair. Fits with the vagueness of their comment about appearing at a handful of UK fests.

13 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

If they aren't the last headliner then I can see this happening to be fair. Fits with the vagueness of their comment about appearing at a handful of UK fests.

If they aren't the last headliner then what is going on with them? Their only brush with a major UK festival upon the release of a new album can't be a secret set at 1pm, really.

1 hour ago, #FreeComTruise said:

We were tricked into thinking this would happen with Muse ...And then we got songs like Revolt.

It looks like they are going to play some older heavier stuff this time. They are going to play some benefit show in 2 day so we will not what to expect from RHCP this year. 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/red-hot-chili-peppers/2015/belly-up-tavern-solana-beach-ca-5bf4df24.html

Edited by Nicklord

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

If they aren't the last headliner then what is going on with them? Their only brush with a major UK festival upon the release of a new album can't be a secret set at 1pm, really.

No idea at all, TITP maybe? Will's suggested Summer Sessions and Big Weekend. Considering the arena tour is almost definitely towards the end of the year, they must have some big summer plans for the UK.. I'd have thought anyway.

37 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

No idea at all, TITP maybe? Will's suggested Summer Sessions and Big Weekend. Considering the arena tour is almost definitely towards the end of the year, they must have some big summer plans for the UK.. I'd have thought anyway.

They did TITP and several other UK festivals in 2014, after R&L. Even sooner for them to return there!

4 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

They did TITP and several other UK festivals in 2014, after R&L. Even sooner for them to return there!

They won't be at T, a Big Weekend appearance, opening NME at Reading and a Glasto slot of some sort is what I reckon. Plus a Scottish gig as well, that'll be 4 UK 'festival appearances', the Glasto slot might not even happen. But Neil seemed to think there was something in a co-header to think about a bet, a while ago he was fairly sure Biffy weren't headlining Reading. It's reeking of Pendulum/C&S on UK Exclusives to me and a fair few Creamfields goers will be well up for that!