Lineup 2016

Matt42

9 hours ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Why is Gazza obsessed with Pendulum? ...Is it based on anything at all??

Why do people go on about Radiohead all the time?, because they like them. And plus what the other poster said, it's a realistic place for their live return in the UK and I see nothing concrete for the last day yet.

39 minutes ago, supreme said:

NGHFB playing same weekend as RnL. Could we see him as one of the other co-headliners if it happens?

I don't think we shared at all last year which is annoying aa The Coral are there and it may be unlikely for them to appear. I need to either get a London tickets and brave work the next day or just see them at Glasto over anything. Been waiting see to see them ages but wasn't sure I wanted a full set, I think they could easily booked for V now as the likes of The Levellers and Ash could be too. Noel playing that makes me wonser on his thought size atm?, MSP aren't a sub and neither were probably any header last year.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Why do people go on about Radiohead all the time?, because they like them. And plus what the other poster said, it's a realistic place for their live return in the UK and I see nothing concrete for the last day yet.

I don't think we shared at all last year which is annoying aa The Coral are there and it may be unlikely for them to appear. I need to either get a London tickets and brave work the next day or just see them at Glasto over anything. Been waiting see to see them ages but wasn't sure I wanted a full set, I think they could easily booked for V now as the likes of The Levellers and Ash could be too. Noel playing that makes me wonser on his thought size atm?, MSP aren't a sub and neither were probably any header last year.

I think Noel would be a good booking for RnL honestly, missed out on him in 2011 and obviously last year.

2 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Surely I'm not the only one thinking that NGHFB would be an incredibly weak booking for the headline slot, co or otherwise?

I remember them subbing V Fest in 2012, a mere year after their debut album - found that shocking enough!

I think it would be a great half of a co-headline.

3 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Surely I'm not the only one thinking that NGHFB would be an incredibly weak booking for the headline slot, co or otherwise?

I remember them subbing V Fest in 2012, a mere year after their debut album - found that shocking enough!

The Gallagher effect. Check out their recent setlists, Noel always plays at least a few of the huge Oasis tracks which is enough to draw a reasonably sized crowd. 

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

The Gallagher effect. Check out their recent setlists, Noel always plays at least a few of the huge Oasis tracks which is enough to draw a reasonably sized crowd. 

I know what you mean, but it's still not Oasis. Just feels weak, maybe it's just me haha. I'll look at some of their more recent performances.

6 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

I know what you mean, but it's still not Oasis. Just feels weak, maybe it's just me haha. I'll look at some of their more recent performances.

don't expect anything mind blowing - he does exactly what he's been doing for the past 20+ years, only now Liam isn't there. but as said, the few Oasis tunes are enough to keep people happy, and and people for some reason seem to love his solo output. can't see him being at R/Ls this year myself - V Fest seems far more likely if he'll be topping a festival

2 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

I was there are Weston in 2012 and I thought he was amazing and played loads of oasis classics (as he was the talent of oasis!) And was my standout set of the whole weekend, and what a weekend of live music my fave festival weekend ever. 

2 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

i was assuming they were suggesting him as a sub tbh, I'd agree that they should not headline, but i wouldn't consider any band with noel in it to be a weak booking.

Noel Gallagher would not be a weak headliner imo, even more so as a co-headliner, he headlined T in The Park last year remember, same as when Biffy Headlined T for their first ever Festival Headline spot and then headlined Reading the year later if i remember correctly? Seeing as someone suggested You Me At Six as a co-headliner, I mean come on.

NGHFB and Pulp co-headline would be ace.

Edited by Speedy17

7 minutes ago, Speedy17 said:

Noel Gallagher would not be a weak headliner imo, even more so as a co-headliner, he headlined T in The Park last year remember, same as when Biffy Headlined T for their first ever Festival Headline spot and then headlined Reading the year later if i remember correctly? Seeing as someone suggested You Me At Six as a co-headliner, I mean come on.

Nah Biffy headlined Reading in 2013 and then T in 2014

10 minutes ago, Speedy17 said:

Biffy Headlined reading and leeds in 2013, the year before they Headlined T in the park 2014. Reading an leeds was their first major headline spot (sonisphere not being a major)

Beaten to it...

Edited by kev1664