Lineup 2016

Matt42

15 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

I guess the same can be said for you repeatedly trying to justify why they aren't headliners then? 

How so? Do you realize what you've just said?

I have never changed my stance on them not being justified headliners in anyway lol before or after they were announced. I have said for them to headline in anyway there would need to be something big to counteract it or it'll looks bad.....and until they pull something out....it indeed looks bad. If I had been trying to justify why a band should at least co-headline I'd have stopped after the announcement and been like, whether you think they should or not, they are.....end of! Clearly not!

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I have never changed my stance on them not being justified headliners in anyway lol before or after they were announced. I have said for them to headline in anyway there would need to be something big to counteract it or it'll looks bad.....and until they pull something out....it indeed looks bad. If I had been trying to justify why a band should at least co-headline I'd have stopped after the announcement and been like, whether you think they should or not, they are.....end of! Clearly not!

he's not claiming that your changing your mind on it, he's saying that the comment made by you that if you are so sure about something then why publicly justify it, can also be said for you in the reverse. Trying to justify the fact that you think they shouldn't headline.

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't remember you crying this much when Biffy were asked to headline in 2013. Are you only happy for an act to be bumped up to headline when you like them?

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Edited by #FreeComTruise

32 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

he's not claiming that your changing your mind on it, he's saying that the comment made by you that if you are so sure about something then why publicly justify it, can also be said for you in the reverse. Trying to justify the fact that you think they shouldn't headline.

While I get what you're saying, it's a pointless argument. It's not the same thing lol.

5 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

I don't remember you crying this much when Biffy were asked to headline in 2013. Are you only happy for an act to be bumped up to headline when you like them?

Tbh man, I was very much in the barrier of Biffy wouldn't be headlining Reading that year but then they did and they SMASHED sales for a huge arena tour! There is no comparison between the two, Biffy were/are massively bigger. I don't really like the 1st 3 Biffy albums lol but I don't think I was against them heading generally, it was their tour that close before I was surprised at.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Tbh man, I was very much in the barrier of Biffy wouldn't be headlining Reading that year but then they did and they SMASHED sales for a huge arena tour! There is no comparison between the two, Biffy were/are massively bigger. I don't really like the 1st 3 Biffy albums lol but I don't think I was against them heading generally, it was their tour that close before I was surprised at.

There were tickets still available on the day in Sheffield as my dad considered buying one when he dropped us off.

SMASHED IT.

6 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

what the fuck did i just read

Foals are headlining this years festival. Therefore they're big enough to headline. Nothing else to say. 

If your view of they're bog enough and they should be then in a nutshell yes......why the need to continue to justify it?!!

If you're view goes against that then you have an argument, not my issue that someone still continues to justify, fuck knows what they've been saying for a while now anyway lol.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

If your view of they're bog enough and they should be then in a nutshell yes......why the need to continue to justify it?!!

If you're view goes against that then you have an argument, not my issue that someone still continues to justify, fuck knows what they've been saying for a while now anyway lol.

That makes sense for the months of speculation leading up to the announcement, but now Foals are announced as headlining, surely that's the end of the argument? Applying a mixture of subjective, arbitrary requirements for which a possible headliner must possess is again, fine during the months of pre-announcement speculation, but the denial of reality since the announcement is just getting boring.

The vast majority of people on here aren't consistently trying to justify why Foals are headlining, they're merely responding to your endless cycle of bogus examples and contradictions. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

That makes sense for the months of speculation leading up to the announcement, but now Foals are announced as headlining, surely that's the end of the argument? Applying a mixture of subjective, arbitrary requirements for which a possible headliner must possess is again, fine during the months of pre-announcement speculation, but the denial of reality since the announcement is just getting boring.

The vast majority of people on here aren't consistently trying to justify why Foals are headlining, they're merely responding to your endless cycle of bogus examples and contradictions. 

Not am I until someone mentions it, but why they do that when they got more or less what they want god knows.

An opinion of whether someone should or shouldn't be in that spot still stands but if you're view was that they should and partly are then why coontinue and bother about it. How many times lol! But there you are.

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not am I until someone mentions it

Fuck off you bring it up all the time when it isn't being discussed.

Foals being discussed in Glastonbury section? Wait 5 minutes and Gazza will chime in with how they shouldn't be headlining R&L anyway and that them playing Glasto will only make it weaker. 

I think Foals headlining is great and that one of the few great points about modern Reading festival is giving bands who have grafted, a dedicated fan base, and a great live show, the chance to join the ever shrinking pool of headliners available to fests. They may not be everyone's personal thing but I'm sure they'll smash it, and potentially gain many fans from it. 

It's certainly better then having the same headliners every 2/3 years right? 

2 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

It's weird that all the focus is on Foals in the headline position, but Disclosure are sharing it too.

I find the idea of Disclosure headlining the main stage an even stranger scenario.

For me this is awful, but just because I hate their music with a passion. Do people dance to Disclosure? I mean Omen is hardly going to bring the house down is it?

38 minutes ago, Asdaprice said:

For me this is awful, but just because I hate their music with a passion. Do people dance to Disclosure? I mean Omen is hardly going to bring the house down is it?

It feels pretty bizarre. I saw them in 2013 when they were third down on NME, it felt more like enjoying the chill-factor.

Not sure what to think of them closing the Main Stage at either Reading or Leeds, doesn't feel right.

17 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

It feels pretty bizarre. I saw them in 2013 when they were third down on NME, it felt more like enjoying the chill-factor.

Not sure what to think of them closing the Main Stage at either Reading or Leeds, doesn't feel right.

they've got some new songs that will get the crowd going, not everyone's cup of tea but why should they be.

i hate Mumford and sons but I still went last year. it's giving everyone something they'll like! 

like I said before, foals and disclosure compliment each other very nicely towards to audience and themselves.

2 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

It's weird that all the focus is on Foals in the headline position, but Disclosure are sharing it too.

I find the idea of Disclosure headlining the main stage an even stranger scenario.

Disclosure is the same, they shouldn't be there either, but it's not them that gives this forum a constant rock on all day.....most probably wouldn't give a shit if Disclosure wasn't announced at all. They are both only sub acts, they will both only be subbing anywhere else they play which for Disclosure if they play Glasto as well will be two major UK festivals, that's a pretty resounding outlook on them.