Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, benus80 said:

Come on give foals a chance. One thing going for them is it will be a massive highlight headlining reading as they went as went a punter and played the smaller stages so they know about reading festival means to people and thus will want to put on an amazing show. So different from some big American bands who probably treat it as another festival show. 

Well said Ben 

8 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

It's weird that all the focus is on Foals in the headline position, but Disclosure are sharing it too.

I find the idea of Disclosure headlining the main stage an even stranger scenario.

I thought that exact thing earlier

Edited by Cavan

Agreed with the Foals and Disclosure statement, I find it a lot more strange that disclosure are co headlining, like at least Foals have worked there way up the lineup and been round a few more years but I'm probably biased as I like foals and not really a fan of disclosure! 

7 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers are the biggest headliner this year.

haha it's probably true, i'm not sure but maybe muse is bigger among the demographic that they are performing to, but i'd say that chilis are bigger overall by a fair bit. not many people are really considering that chilis coul be the biggest headliner.

3 hours ago, benus80 said:

Come on give foals a chance. One thing going for them is it will be a massive highlight headlining reading as they went as went a punter and played the smaller stages so they know about reading festival means to people and thus will want to put on an amazing show. So different from some big American bands who probably treat it as another festival show. 

the almighty Ben from Devon speaking the truth once more

3 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

haha it's probably true, i'm not sure but maybe muse is bigger among the demographic that they are performing to, but i'd say that chilis are bigger overall by a fair bit. not many people are really considering that chilis coul be the biggest headliner.

Muse are bigger than RHCP. I assume Black Crow is suggesting Muse aren't playing, but we all know he knows fuck all anyway. 

RHCP probably have more well known songs but they're nowhere near Muse in terms of ticket sales and probably record sales nowadays. 

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Muse are bigger than RHCP. I assume Black Crow is suggesting Muse aren't playing, but we all know he knows fuck all anyway. 

RHCP probably have more well known songs but they're nowhere near Muse in terms of ticket sales and probably record sales nowadays. 

suppose that would make sense.

RHCP were always likely to be the biggest headliner anyway. They might not be as big as they once were but they're still a marquee act at festivals.

I thought that Black_Crow had already suggested it was Kanye with this...

On 29/01/2016 at 4:21 PM, Black_Crow said:

You clearly said that Foo Fighters are likely based on the rule that a headliner from the previous years Glastonbury almost always plays Reading the following year. So why not Kanye West? He fits that rule.

...but I've no idea. Debatable whether he's bigger than RHCP or not - completely different parameters I suppose .Not that I'm gonna trust owt that Black_Crow says anyway,

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

RHCP were always likely to be the biggest headliner anyway. They might not be as big as they once were but they're still a marquee act at festivals.

...but I've no idea. Debatable whether he's bigger than RHCP or not - completely different parameters I suppose .Not that I'm gonna trust owt that he says anyway,

i could be wrong but i feel like disclosure and kanye would be too bigger a leap towards the mainstream for reading 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It might be too 'urban' or something but they already leapt towards the mainstream decades ago.

i'd call it more "pseudo mainstream" they'll mix pop acts in there to sell more tickets but the headliners are still nearly always rock/indie/rock'n'roll. I just feel kanye and disclosure in one would damage reading reputations as a 'rock' festival

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

...but I've no idea. Debatable whether he's bigger than RHCP or not - completely different parameters I suppose .Not that I'm gonna trust owt that Black_Crow says anyway,

Nah that was just a response to someone (Gazza, I assume) saying it was gonna be Foos because of the last-years-Glasto-headliner rule, whilst at the same time saying it definitely won't be Kanye. Just pointing out his flawed logic I think.

I guess RHCP and Kanye would be kinda like Green Day and Eminem was. Kanye may be bigger in general now but RHCP are the huge rock band of the year, and probably the biggest amongst the demographic. 

51 minutes ago, foolee said:

Agreed with the Foals and Disclosure statement, I find it a lot more strange that disclosure are co headlining, like at least Foals have worked there way up the lineup and been round a few more years but I'm probably biased as I like foals and not really a fan of disclosure! 

This adds to why Disclosure haven't came into it as without them being anmounced, no one would hav gone.....No!.....where's Disclosure.

I'm not sure people can moan about them though when people have suggested people like Royal Blood to be headlining next year when they have been on the music scene about two years.....but again that probably comes down to who you like.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Nah that was just a response to someone (Gazza, I assume) saying it was gonna be Foos because of the last-years-Glasto-headliner rule, whilst at the same time saying it definitely won't be Kanye. Just pointing out his flawed logic I think.

I guess RHCP and Kanye would be kinda like Green Day and Eminem was. Kanye may be bigger in general now but RHCP are the huge rock band of the year, and probably the biggest amongst the demographic. 

I get that but that's the only post he made that hasn't been ruling someone out, and he didn't rule Ye out did he?

I'm finding this third headliner thing really interesting after the past couple of years when we've known or pretty much known quite early on. Seems like it could be a real surprise.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I get that but that's the only post he made that hasn't been ruling someone out, and he didn't rule Ye out did he?

I'm finding this third headliner thing really interesting after the past couple of years when we've known or pretty much known quite early on. Seems like it could be a real surprise.

I 100% agree with the fact that the next headliner could be a real surprise. We have no idea at this point. It'll probably be someone we've not even mentioned on here

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It might be too 'urban' or something but they already leapt towards the mainstream decades ago.

i'd call it more "pseudo mainstream" they'll mix pop acts in there to sell more tickets but the headliners are still nearly always rock/indie/rock'n'roll. I just feel kanye and disclosure in one would damage reading reputations as a 'rock' festival