Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two sets of co-headliners in one year is pushing it, so you can rule out all of those.

The other four are there simply because they curry favour on this site and cannot be ruled out, so there's no real evidence that it's any of them (although that won't stop some claiming it was obvious when one of them is eventually announced). Saying that I can't think of any other options that are any more likely.

Edited by mrtourette

22 minutes ago, foolee said:

Why do people keep suggesting Pendulum live? I swear they've only got 1 date in the world announced at the moment.  

16 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Gazza is convinced R&L have them on a UK exclusive and it just seems to have spread

I think it's quite likely yes, convinced might be pushing it. I will just add that I kind of hope they don't as well as I might have to go.....and I don't think they are going to be enough to justify the price. Victorious awaits anyway if R&L fluff it up.

If Neil's Biffy info is correct I'm gonna go with Prodge. Seems like someone they wouldn't book unless they were struggling a bit as Neil suggested, and because of their non-headline slot at T last year I can see why Neil would be wary of it being a co-headline. They're around at the time and not announced for any other UK fests so far. Probably not at Glasto based on rumours, and there's really only V remaining of the major fests they could be at. Prodge subbed by Pendulum would obviously work although is a little samey.

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If Neil's Biffy info is correct I'm gonna go with Prodge. Seems like someone they wouldn't book unless they were struggling a bit as Neil suggested, and because of their non-headline slot at T last year I can see why Neil would be wary of it being a co-headline. They're around at the time and not announced for any other UK fests so far. Probably not at Glasto based on rumours, and there's really only V remaining of the major fests they could be at. Prodge subbed by Pendulum would obviously work although is a little samey.

Yeah I think that's a decent shout if those circumstances prove true, however Neil's said he doesn't know the final headliner and only really suggested it to be a punt about the weak headliner thing. I was thinking similar about The Strokes but The Prodigy at least have shows around then. I don't agree about only V being left for them to play - I've been anticipating they headline Wireless and also there's stuff like Creamfields that they could end up doing too.

5 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

So, who are our main contenders right now then?

• Biffy Clyro
  • Kanye West
  • Guns N' Roses
  • The Stone Roses
  • Pendulum/C&S (co)
  • NGHFB/? (co)

Possibly less likely...

• Gorillaz
  • Radiohead
  • Foo Fighters
  • YMAS/BMTH (co)

noel gallager is 100% not playing as he is playing at victorious instead on the same date. i'd switch kanye and radiohead but otherwise you pretty much summed it up. I just really want a RATM reunion but chances are pretty slim.

also where can I find what Neil has been saying?

Edited by DirtyChorizo

5 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

So, who are our main contenders right now then?

• Biffy Clyro
  • Kanye West
  • Guns N' Roses
  • The Stone Roses
  • Pendulum/C&S (co)
  • NGHFB/? (co)

Possibly less likely...

• Gorillaz
  • Radiohead
  • Foo Fighters
  • YMAS/BMTH (co)

I think you're looking at a possible combination with both sets of co-headers, minus BMTH but I'd say all the rest bar Biffy purely as Neil left them on rumors is out and all but YMAS is out from the bottom.