Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DanielM17 said:

I think they seem to have had some time off already. AM tour wrapped up at the end of 2014 and you'd presume TLSP stuff didn't take all of 2015 and the start of this year too. He probably had the first 6 months of last year off.

My rankings change all the time, but right now:

WPSIATWIN

AM

FWN

SIAS

Humbug

Although I still really really like Humbug, don't let those rankings fool you. I love all their stuff. But tomorrow FWN could be my least favourite and Humbug my favourite. I just think, in comparison, Humbug is a little inconsistent. SIAS I need to be in the mood for but, when it hits me, it hits me. FWN has some of their best (505, FA, Teddy Picker, Do Me A Favour) and also some of their worst (The Bad Thing, This House Is A Circus) tracks on it. AM I loved when it came out and still really really enjoy it, think it is consistently really good. And the first album speaks for itself.

This House Is A Circus is one of my favourite though :unsure:

The new massive attack stuff is pretru good I saw them in brixton last week :D but much as I'd love to see them headline or at least sub they're playing dimensions in Croatia on Reading weekend so I don't think it's gonna happen, feeling like its gonna be one of these 'less likely' headliners like the killers or the strokes

Just now, DanielM17 said:

I think Humbug can be really popular among the core fans as it is just a refreshing change. You NEVER hear anything from that on the radio, it's always the stuff before and after, so it's kinda like a personal album for us intimate Arctics lovers.

First two tracks are probably my favourite Arctics songs. The Jeweller's Hands never gets mentioned either but it's my favourite album closer of theirs after A Certain Romance.

1 minute ago, Chaarlie said:

The new massive attack stuff is pretru good I saw them in brixton last week :D but much as I'd love to see them headline or at least sub they're playing dimensions in Croatia on Reading weekend so I don't think it's gonna happen, feeling like its gonna be one of these 'less likely' headliners like the killers or the strokes

As great as they are, I just think Massive Attack wouldn't sell tickets to the R+L demographic. Much more likely for festivals like Field Day or Latitude or something. As well as probably Glastonbury.

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'd rank them:

Whatever People Say I Am

Humbug

Suck It And See

AM

Favourite Worst Nightmare

I said Humbug was the best for years but I've changed my mind recently. I've always thought FWN was just an inferior version of the first album, thought the second half was terrible. Really don't get the hype surrounding songs like 505. But nobody agrees with me haha.

But the second half has Old Yellow Bricks!

Just now, DanielM17 said:

As great as they are, I just think Massive Attack wouldn't sell tickets to the R+L demographic. Much more likely for festivals like Field Day or Latitude or something. As well as probably Glastonbury.

Well I mean they can't I don't think anyway they wouldn't play one night in Croatia and 2 in the UK do bands do that?

Just now, Chaarlie said:

Dr Dre was mentioned on The Sub Reddit :S, although who hasn't been at this point. Aaaand at this point last year none of the sub's had been announced, any chance the 1975 / ID arent sub's? This is what we still had to come after 2 announcements last year http://m.imgur.com/0UNAlkJ

It's a nice thought regarding the subs, but nah there's no way Imagine Dragons aren't subs. They were 3rd down in 2014 so they'll definitely be higher up this time. The 1975 I think will subline too but that's not as certain as ID.

11 minutes ago, DanielM17 said:

Old Yellow Bricks, R U Mine?, Crying Lightning, When The Sun Goes Down, 505 probs for me. 

8 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Top 5 Arctics tracks are My Propeller, Crying Lightning, Fake Tales of San Francisco, Fluorescent Adolescent and Mardy Bum for me.

When The Sun Goes Down, Brianstorm, R U Mine?, Crying Lightning, From The Ritz To The Rubble

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Have you seen what The 1975 have called their second album? If you haven't then avoid finding out.

I have, and I'm not going to lie I did think it was a joke at first. I presumed they'd announced the name of it, and it was a fairly long title or something, and people were just sort of taking the piss out of it a bit. Turns out that's not the case at all...

Yeah honestly I don't really think this ones gonna make them any bigger I feel like they could stick around where they are on the lineup, like so many before them, vaccines Kooks ect. I don't really know how well the songs have been received so far but I'm not keen on them

Edited by Chaarlie

Can't do those fancy posters or owt, but I'll have a little prediction (days are just there to structure it, obviously are interchangeable)...

FRI
Main

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Imagine Dragons
CHVRCHES
The Vaccines
PVRIS
NME
Bloc Party
Two Door Cinema Club
Blossoms
Hinds
Pit
Parkway Drive
Crossfaith
Dance
Oliver Heldens
Steve Angello
1XTRA
Skepta
DJ EZ

SAT
Main

Foals/Disclosure
Tame Impala
The Courteeners
Wolf Alice
Slaves
NME
The 1975
Circa Waves
Nothing But Thieves
Rat Boy
Pit
Mastodon
Alien Ant Farm
Marmozets
Dance
Hannah Wants
1XTRA
Fetty Wap

SUN
Main
The Stone Roses
The Prodigy
The Last Shadow Puppets
Catfish And The Bottlemen
Eagles Of Death Metal
NME
Jack Ü
Crystal Castles
Twenty One Pilots
The Internet
Pit
A Day To Remember
Behemoth
Dance
Boy Better Know

Kind of guessing here, but I reckon it could look something like this (obviously with more acts)