Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, JTed said:

Kasabian haven't been mentioned and it has been 4 years since they headlined reading. I'm not sure what their current situation is but could they be a potential long shot for the final headliner?

They've finished touring 48:13 and they don't have a new album out 2016. Chances are incredibly slim, maybe 2017 or 2018.

I think the pool of potential headliners ranging from most likely to least goes: Kanye, Muse, Biffy Clyro, Radiohead, Guns n Roses, Stone Roses

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

They've finished touring 48:13 and they don't have a new album out 2016. Chances are incredibly slim, maybe 2017 or 2018.

I think the pool of potential headliners ranging from most likely to least goes: Kanye, Muse, Biffy Clyro, Radiohead, Guns n Roses, Stone Roses

Ah okay, slightly disappointing!...

But Neil did say on the Glasto headline forum that Muse definitely are not headlining R&L this year

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I get that but that's the only post he made that hasn't been ruling someone out, and he didn't rule Ye out did he?

I'm finding this third headliner thing really interesting after the past couple of years when we've known or pretty much known quite early on. Seems like it could be a real surprise.

Aye until it ends up being Biffy :P

I'd be interested to know how confident @eFestivals is that it isn't them.

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

Did he? I thought there were rumours that Radiohead would play instead. I reckon that makes Kanye much more likely then.

Glasto seems to be Coldplay and 2 of Muse/Radiohead/Adele. Even if it isn't Muse, though, Neil's been told they're definitely not at R&L. I think they'd be more likely for Bestival if they aren't at Glasto.

36 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

That's impossible, gazza has mentioned every band on the planet at some point in this thread

33 minutes ago, JTed said:

I'll rephrase that to 'a band who's been very briefly mentioned then'...:lol:

He hasn't mentioned Depeche Mode, I don't think anyway :unsure:

In all seriousness who could it be? I said it before,with regularly active UK based bands word usually gets out, too many people are in the know and some people whisper.

non-UK based bands are a little harder to be solid on because obviously less people here are in the know.

If it is a UK based band things are so quiet at this point that it's either a reformation or someone pretty under the radar, not regularly touring and/or headlining festivals here. For the bands that would be certain headline sized reunions Morrissey or Weller I couldn't see working with their old bands, leaving Oasis but Noel is active and successful.

Under the radar, Depeche Mode are headers everywhere they play, certainly fit a profile pretty much exactly like The Cure. Nothing much comes out of camp blur until they're ready for it to come out. The Stone Roses are not being claimed as T UK exclusive and again their camp isn't leaky. Radiohead nothing comes out until they're ready. Can't think of anyone else offhand who fits that profile.

Other than that line of thinking I am perplexed.

Edited by Chr1s

4 minutes ago, Chr1s said:

In all seriousness who could it be? I said it before,with regularly active UK based bands word usually gets out, too many people are in the know and some people whisper.

non-UK based bands are a little harder to be solid on because obviously less people here are in the know.

If it is a UK based band things are so quiet at this point that it's either a reformation or someone pretty under the radar, not regularly touring and/or headlining festivals here. For the bands that would be certain headline sized reunions Morrissey or Weller I couldn't see working with their old bands, leaving Oasis but Noel is active and successful.

Under the radar, Depeche Mode are headers everywhere they play, certainly fit a profile pretty much exactly like The Cure. Nothing much comes out of camp blur until they're ready for it to come out. The Stone Roses are not being claimed as T UK exclusive and again their camp isn't leaky. Radiohead nothing comes out until they're ready. Can't think of anyone else offhand who fits that profile.

noel is also performing at victorious on the same weekend as reading. I am also just as unsure.

11 minutes ago, Chr1s said:

Have Kings of Leon been ruled out? Been a while since they played.

Kasabian don't seem to be doing owt but maybe they'd make a one-off appearance if R+L are really struggling for another headliner as I'm sure they'd play if they were needed. Get them in, supported by The Strokes, and I think it would be a universally popular announcement.

KOL were actually excellent at Leeds that year although I seem to remember Caleb seeming genuinely pleased that black thumbnail, the bucket, etc went down better than those couple of certain Only By The Night songs, they were quite the opposite at Reading.