Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean an announcement or release of new music? A Sonic Highways 2 announcement wouldn't surprise me.

Uhhh, what? The announcement would likely be the intention to release new music is what I'm saying, because there's apparently loads of hints and snippets with this countdown. Could be an album, could be a smaller release, unlikely to be SH2 because they won't have filmed a new series of the documentary so there'd be no point calling it that. If it's an album then it's weird that they're not touring it, but if it's not then... not so weird.

Uhhh, what? The announcement would likely be the intention to release new music is what I'm saying, because there's apparently loads of hints and snippets with this countdown. Could be an album, could be a smaller release, unlikely to be SH2 because they won't have filmed a new series of the documentary so there'd be no point calling it that. If it's an album then it's weird that they're not touring it, but if it's not then... not so weird.

I just don't understand what's weird about it being an announcement of new music. They may be touring it; just not coming to Europe straight away.

I could easily see Arcade Fire headlining again, think the demand is there and not many other festivals will go for them. Can only really see them being able to play Glasto, R&L and IOW. Obviously wouldn't be Glasto and if there album is out before the festival or just after they could do R&L, if it's out later and more towards 2017 it could be IOW for them.

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I just don't understand what's weird about it being an announcement of new music. They may be touring it; just not coming to Europe straight away.

Because they ditched their tour plans for next summer including fulfilling cancelled festival dates to work in the studio so I would find it weird if they just released an album next month and toured it elsewhere than Europe yes.

53 minutes ago, willutalk said:

I reckon by the time this is out it'll be late July/early August so R + L could be a nice place to push sales. 

http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/88487

Edit: not that they'll need pushing anyway

One of the band members said he thinks it'll be out early 2017. Do you know something he doesn't. :P

Regarding Foo Fighters, he said this the other night so don't think we'll be seeing them at all in 2016. The 23rd Feb will be a 5 song EP from Austin.

Dave Grohl in Cologne:

"This is our last tour. We are now going away for a long, long time. I could live on a tour bus for the rest of my life ... but no seriously, it's time to go home now. Time to sit back and relax and enjoy life. Afterwards we are going to work on a new record, and then .... maybe then we will come back with a bunch of new songs in our basket. We hope you all will have the patience to wait for us. "

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

One of the band members said he thinks it'll be out early 2017. Do you know something he doesn't. :P

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I still think we'll be lucky to get an Arcade Fire album before 2017. They like to take their time with albums and what with most of them having young children now I don't see them getting any quicker. They're definitely possible for 2017 but they won't play anywhere next summer.

Oh right, I didn't know that 2017 was the time frame that we're talking. I'd much rather them taking their time to produce a quality album so I don't mind waiting until 2017.

@dentalplan I know nothing, it was sheer speculation mate.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I've just watched Tame Impala's set from Lowlands earlier this year and they looked fantastic, the production for that set was amazing. I'm expecting them for 2016 anyway. Haven't their dates at Manchester Arena and Ally Pally sold really well? Could the sub Main Stage? 

Surely not a sub? I'd have put them 3rd, maybe 4th. Can't see them being that great on main stage and NME in 2013 was half empty.

Have a feeling the headliners are going to be Foals - Biffy Clyro - Red Hot Chili Peppers this year

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Because they ditched their tour plans for next summer including fulfilling cancelled festival dates to work in the studio so I would find it weird if they just released an album next month and toured it elsewhere than Europe yes.

Yes this is why I asked if you meant an announcement of new music or a release of new music. If they released an album next month and canned next Summer's European dates I'd find it strange; however if at the end of the countdown they announced an album coming some time next year I wouldn't be surprised at them taking it around America first.

I have heard strong rumours from a source inside the music industry that a new arcade fire album out next autumn but weather they headline any festivals next year is 50/50. Plus did kaisbian headline this year v festival (I am allowed to mention that festival) but then again being V they might be their again next year! 

18 minutes ago, benus80 said:

I have heard strong rumours from a source inside the music industry that a new arcade fire album out next autumn but weather they headline any festivals next year is 50/50. Plus did kaisbian headline this year v festival (I am allowed to mention that festival) but then again being V they might be their again next year! 

It is clear that you have just made this up.

Edited by dentalplan