Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, leej7 said:

They would not put Alex turner in the NME tent, that's just a stupid shout 

put up against a strong headliner and i really don't think it'd be a problem. they'd pack the tent out for sure, but it'd be no more dangerous than say... Pendulum in 2010 (which from the sounds of it, was absolute carnage)*

edit: although i guess this new album will push them to new levels of popularity, so it could well be the case that they do get too big for it come the festival. main stage sub still seems too big for them, mind (but if Jake Bugg can do it, then i guess not)

Edited by FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Since when have bookies influenced who headlines or not?

I never said that. However, they surely have one or two people who are ITK.

Either way, I think Glastonbury are nailed on to get at least one or two of Muse, Foo Fighters and The Stone Roses, and whoever's left will probably be at Reading and Leeds.

2 hours ago, VCK said:

I never said that. However, they surely have one or two people who are ITK.

nah, they really don't. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to take the bookies for a few useful quid when I was ITK. :D

The odds are set to attract bets, but where all the bets are balanced against all the other bets, so no matter who the right band is the bookie always makes money.

(that's how it's meant to work, anyway ... if they don't attract enough money on the not-headlining bands, the bookies lose).

3 hours ago, DanielM17 said:

Clear awful fake but this would be utter badness.

Screenshot_2015-11-17-15-01-37-1.png

Foals aren't big enough to headline, and sun/fri is awful. The 1975 aren't anywhere near big enough to sub, 3rd at a push, should do 4th. From the way Melvin spoke about C&S in 2013 they'll headline next time they're around.

9 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Foals aren't big enough to headline, and sun/fri is awful. The 1975 aren't anywhere near big enough to sub, 3rd at a push, should do 4th. From the way Melvin spoke about C&S in 2013 they'll headline next time they're around.

Foals are going to headline, The 1975 probably are big enough to sub unfortunately (imo), and no way are Chase & Status going to headline now (unless they're lumped in to one of those co-headline things)

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Foals are going to headline, The 1975 probably are big enough to sub unfortunately (imo), and no way are Chase & Status going to headline now (unless they're lumped in to one of those co-headline things)

Still doesn't mean that they're big enough, and honestly I'm amazed that they're going with it. It's almost like they want Leeds to fail as a festival. I was thinking that they'd headline more under the guise of closing set style thing like they have going for the NME, especially as they haven't had a dance act headline in forever so is questionable how well it'd go down. Also, no metal day.

Foals:

• Played 3rd down in 2013
  • Was mainly down to the success of their one song 'my number'
  • Have had 1 new album since then
  • My number still remains by far their most popular song
  • Everybody seems certain they'll headline next year

Chase and status:

• Subheadlined in 2013
  • Drew in a huge crowd and put on a great show (apparently)
  • Have had 1 new album since then which was just as popular as the one before it, and another on the way which will probably be just as popular too
  • Everybody seems to think the idea of them headlining is absurd