Lineup 2016

Matt42

27 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think we can assume Foo Fighters aren't doing it, or anything else for that matter, at this point.

I don't think we can.

There's been indications that they're not coming to Europe in early-summer, but that might be because they're coming in late summer instead.

It seems to be the case that before Dave broke his leg they had a plan to come in late summer 2017, and that might still be their plan - tho the impact of Dave's leg does seem to have had them in a dither for a while about what was the best way to work their future plans as well as cover the cancelled shows.

Edited by eFestivals

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

C&S last album gathered and withstood the time nowhere close to what the previous album did. It was shit and they fucked it a bit there. That being said, Foals newest album fucked as well compared to their last album, no one remember C&S and by time Reading comes, WWD with have chewed enough ears. It's not good planning if they headline as for a band that are at the very low of the headline spectrum, the album should be coming out about June next year, 2 months to play off the hype!, which co-incidently fell completely flat given the expectations.

If the fest managed to bag GNR and Foo's as well, I'd consider a weekend ticket with another 8/9 acts although with GNR you wouldn't get a chance to wait. I'd much rather a close GNR date though.

Yeah they should have waited a year just so that you wouldn't consider them a shite booking.

How did What Went Down bomb? It's a popular album and loads of people know the singles.

1 hour ago, charley said:

Am I alone in being a bit bored by the Foos? I like them dont get me wrong but how many times can you release the same record?

Yeah, I find them a bit weak and to be a bit of a Grohl self indulgence. They have some good records but they would all be improved by putting him back on drums where he belongs and actually getting someone who can sing to front the band.

43 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah they should have waited a year just so that you wouldn't consider them a shite booking.

How did What Went Down bomb? It's a popular album and loads of people know the singles.

Get this correct lol, I'd consider them a shite headline booking regardless of when they brought their album out. 

Can't see where I mentioned bombed?, but for what it was expected to do it didn't, that can't be denied unless you're using your own bias towards them.

2 hours ago, truthpigeon said:

Really hope Wolfmother play one of the days on Main Stage. New tunes are fucking awesome.

Wolfmother are back? Great, I shall download immediately. I hope their attendance at festivals they are booked at improves. They cancelled on me twice. I have seen them twice though and they were pretty good.

14 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Pretty happy with the subs and headliners. So Tenacious D means no clash. Thought this was obvious tbh

If you're happy yes, if you're not then no. Ten D don't interest me now tbf, they were shit at Download 2012, I'd already seen their show at Reading 08 which was better and they are a case of if you've seen it you've seen it.