Kylie

matt2007

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering she's actually around at the time of Glastonbury definitely makes her seem more likely for it, yeah. she came to the festival just to appear with Scissor Sisters so it's about time she got her own slot

She's already had one. Can't blame the organisers if she didn't fulfil it.

Edited by mrtourette

Has Kylie's appeal really dropped that much over the last ten years? Yes her new material doesn't sell so well but surely the same could be said for Fleetwood Mac / Eagles / Rolling Stones / Madonna etc etc.

I think she could headline. I also reckon she probably still feels there is unfinished business which would mean she'd take Glastonbury over a big payout slot. And ten years since she was due to headline feels like a good way to complete the circle.

I still think she'll swerve Glastonbury & end up headlining Bestival. The reason being I can't see her being very high up the Eavi's list of priorities, if she was she'd have been rebooked by now after having to pull out in 05. Where as I imagine Rob Da Bank would pull out all the stops in order to get her to headline Bestival.

Of course I could be wrong, the massive tv publicity that Glastonbury has to offer could be more enticing to Kylie than the money RDB would throw at her.

I'd agree with this. Doesn't seem any different to any other years she's toured.

Edited by dentalplan

I'd agree with this. Doesn't seem any different to any other years she's toured.

except that she's in the country at the time. and i think the whole 'ten years since she was supposed to headline' thing might be seen as a nice time to have her back. could be wrong but it just seems like a good opportunity

Id think her doing BST means she is less of a draw for Bestival already.

More likely to play at an already sold out glastonbury rather than - Bestival trying to use her as the draw, even though another event has previously been announced surely?

True, but Outkast played Wireless last year (& didn't even headline) but RDB was still kean to book them.

True, but Outkast played Wireless last year (& didn't even headline) but RDB was still kean to book them.

Bestival and Wireless are hardly rival festivals (much like Bestival and BST) so i don't think it mattered at all (or would matter this time)

No, but you said 'it's about time she got her own slot'. It's not like she's been overlooked in the past or been hard done by, she's been booked to headline.

book her again

except that she's in the country at the time. and i think the whole 'ten years since she was supposed to headline' thing might be seen as a nice time to have her back. could be wrong but it just seems like a good opportunity

The 'in the country' thing is bogus as it's the weekend before and she probably is a resident here, and was certainly in the country in 2010, and would be in the country if Glastonbury booked her to play at any point since she pulled out. We did all this last year when she had an album out and a tour announced.

The 'in the country' thing is bogus as it's the weekend before and she probably is a resident here, and was certainly in the country in 2010, and would be in the country if Glastonbury booked her to play at any point since she pulled out. We did all this last year when she had an album out and a tour announced.

okay, she's PLAYING in the country at the time - which she wasn't last year, or any of the previous years. it may not be a definite 'she's gonna be there' but it's more likely than it has been for any of the previous years since she was supposed to headline

I think she'd be a perfect sub underneath an indisputable headliner.

She's big enough to headline (if they marketed it right), but really she's one of those acts that's in-between a headliner and a sub. So I'd say stick her under neath an undoubtable headliner and it'l work.