New To The Forum

Highlander

I went a few times in the 80's, hardly at all in the 90's (marriage & kids got in the way) and never in the 00's (kids, lack of funds and it's a bloody long way from here!).
My mates (down south) nagged me rotten to get registered for a ticket last Sept. Left it right to the last minute to do so - day before registration closed, never thinking for one moment that I'd get lucky in the sale........
Feck, got a ticket - do happy dance, attempt to quell mounting excitement (it's not working!) & casually drop into conversation with anyone that will listen that I've got a ticket (glasto bore :D lol).
So hello fellow forumites :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the opposite to me.... I never went in the 80s, been every year since 94 but can't go this year (boo). Like glastoworker says you won't recognise much and it's huge these days but you're still guaranteed to have a great time. Report back after please!

Hi everyone - thanks for the replies so far - pity Glastoworkers post has vanished into the ether as it was informative :\

I'll certainly report back on how I find it this time ;-)

Last time I went (1997), I tended to spend most of my time in the greenfields area, only venturing to the big stages if there was performances I particularly wanted to see, which wasn't much IIRC, memory is dimming with age lol.

Welcome to the site Highlander. Glastonbury has changed since you last went, but it's still the best large festival on the block - there can be only one (see what I did there?). I'll have a real ale by the way, but get whisty his first because he's got an alcohol problem and will probably kick off if he doesn't get one in soon.

Welcome to the site Highlander. Glastonbury has changed since you last went, but it's still the best large festival on the block - there can be only one (see what I did there?). I'll have a real ale by the way, but get whisty his first because he's got an alcohol problem and will probably kick off if he doesn't get one in soon.

What did you do there? I'm feeling a bit thick today, baby 2H got me up at 5:30!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Hi everyone - thanks for the replies so far - pity Glastoworkers post has vanished into the ether as it was informative :\

I'll certainly report back on how I find it this time ;-)

Last time I went (1997), I tended to spend most of my time in the greenfields area, only venturing to the big stages if there was performances I particularly wanted to see, which wasn't much IIRC, memory is dimming with age lol.

well I certainly did not remove my post so cant say where it went.
1997 was a muddy year - not as bad as 1985 ' but close '
I certainly would have seen The Bootleg Beatles but who else I don't have a clue.
when its been a muddy year I tend not to take many photos just in case my SLR vanished in the mud so cant track where I went either.
doing a search I think the BBC were there that year and I did pull them up in the guest bar as they were dumping really expensive equipment and asking bar staff to look after it - when I told them that if anything was nicked ' it was down to them ' they were not happy bunnies but they did move their equipment.
will have a look to see if I can dig up a 97 map so you can see what has changed.

1997Poster.jpg

I went a few times in the 80's, hardly at all in the 90's (marriage & kids got in the way) and never in the 00's (kids, lack of funds and it's a bloody long way from here!).

My mates (down south) nagged me rotten to get registered for a ticket last Sept. Left it right to the last minute to do so - day before registration closed, never thinking for one moment that I'd get lucky in the sale........

Feck, got a ticket - do happy dance, attempt to quell mounting excitement (it's not working!) & casually drop into conversation with anyone that will listen that I've got a ticket (glasto bore :D lol).

So hello fellow forumites :)

Where you coming down from? We're North of Aberdeen and it really is a trek and a half!