Ched Evans

deadpheasant

if truly being raped

While there are different kinds of rape, "if truly being raped" is a horrible horrible phrase that diminishes issues.

The "stranger in a dark alley" violent rapist is barely a thing. Most rapes are done by a guy the woman knows.

"She was gagging for it" is used as a defence by rapists. Men say "she was wet for me" to imply that was as good as consent. It's not.

Rape is sex where one party does not want it to happen. Violent rape is another tier of crime and suggest that all rape has the same emotional and hormonal response is naive at best and Republican at worst.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have attempted to totally spin every point I was trying to make.

You really a first last c**t :) I save that word for lifes real bastards as well.

Hello Barry

I'm not really following this thread and am not trying to grind any particular axe here. It's just that I was wondering who else are the first class c**ts that exist, in your opinion? What have these mother fuckers done to deserve your disdain?

• 8 months later...

To me, that betrays an immature and ignorant mindset that still refuses to bring himself to face up to what he did. Nothing leading up to the rape itself has any consequence of whether she gave consent at the time. It's grim to me that he's gone out and found a parade of people who saw her an hour before to claim she was well up for it then.

He should because otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole justice system But whether that would be feasible in such a high profile job is another matter

I suspect if he wins his appeal he will find a league 1/league 2 team easily. I'm wary about trusting what the tabloids say about the case, the legal system should be allowed to run its course.

As far as I'm concerned he is a scumbag racist untill the law says differently. However we can't only accept the law if it gives us the result we want.

I suspect if he wins his appeal he will find a league 1/league 2 team easily. I'm wary about trusting what the tabloids say about the case, the legal system should be allowed to run its course.

As far as I'm concerned he is a scumbag racist untill the law says differently. However we can't only accept the law if it gives us the result we want.

Racist? Scumbag rapist but not heard that allegation before

To me, that betrays an immature and ignorant mindset that still refuses to bring himself to face up to what he did. Nothing leading up to the rape itself has any consequence of whether she gave consent at the time. It's grim to me that he's gone out and found a parade of people who saw her an hour before to claim she was well up for it then.

Don't they take history into account for other crimes?

I dunno if its grim either, If I believed I was innocent of something (not that I'd ever think I would be in his position.) I'd fight with everything I've got if it was going to effect the rest of my life to. (Thats not me believing him, just that if you believe you are innocent, your going do stuff like this to prove it.)

without trying to support evans specifically...

1. if the grounds for the appeal weren't reasonable within law,no appeal would be being allowed.

2. any person who is convicted should have the right to challenge their conviction on reasonable grounds.

Lots of the people who are quick to condemn evans are quick to support these principles of law if they're being used to support one of their own heroes. ;)

without trying to support evans specifically...

1. if the grounds for the appeal weren't reasonable within law,no appeal would be being allowed.

2. any person who is convicted should have the right to challenge their conviction on reasonable grounds.

Lots of the people who are quick to condemn evans are quick to support these principles of law if they're being used to support one of their own heroes. ;)

Whilst there is some truth in this, the way evans and his supporters have acted in this have been particularly obnoxious imo. Obviously the rule of law supersedes that, but i have zero sympath for him

Whilst there is some truth in this, the way evans and his supporters have acted in this have been particularly obnoxious imo. Obviously the rule of law supersedes that, but i have zero sympath for him

so what you're saying is that the law should only apply if you like the demeanour of the accused?

FFS. :lol:

And if it turns out he's been falsely accused and convicted, will you have any sympathy for him then? Or will your prejudices continue to over-rule sense?

You have zero sympathy IF someone has been wrongly convicted?

so what you're saying is that the law should only apply if you like the demeanour of the accused?

FFS. :lol:

And if it turns out he's been falsely accused and convicted, will you have any sympathy for him then? Or will your prejudices continue to over-rule sense?

As i said about rule of law superseded my opinion...

L