Dalai Lama self-confirms

UEF

Excuse my ignorance, but how come these reincarnations of Buddha keep manifesting themselves in Tibet / China when Buddha was Indian? If they can pop up anywhere, why not a caucasian Buddhist somewhere or Thailand or India or wherever?

Please enlighten me.

Well I suppose if you liked the place you lived in, why would you reincarnate else where? I'd rather base myself in Tibet for birth than say Hull :P

not to disrespect anyone from Hull but why would anyone watch a documentary on Hull? :P

Come home from work, sit down whack the tv on and just skimming through the channels, ahhhh here we go BBC4 "Hull: The City of Dreams" perfect

far be it for me as Lancastrian to defend my cousins from the wrong side of the hills, but that's Hull, City of Culture 2017 you're dissin there!

far be it for me as Lancastrian to defend my cousins from the wrong side of the hills, but that's Hull, City of Culture 2017 you're dissin there!

That's news to me, I've just literally never heard Hull mentioned in anything other than a place to get the ferry over to Belgium and the football club so thought it'd be quite the strange place to make a documentary about

I am sure the Dalai Lama has some good things to say about finding happiness within yourself, and generally being a good person, and as an atheist I will happily listen to what he has to say.

I was right place right time in 2009 and saw the Dalai Lama talk in his hometown in India. It was an all day thing and all the westerners I knew got bored pretty quick. For me, he lost my attention when he said something on the lines of 'Everybody is a good person as long as they follow a religion'. If I misunderstood his words I'm willing to admit it, but it made me think that a bloke chosen as a baby to be in his position is not necessarily a man whose words should be absorbed with higher regard.

Nevertheless, I still think it's a great and unique booking for Glastonbury, and I encourage anyone with an interest in him to go and make your own mind up ... but if I end up giving him a second chance he has an uphill battle to sway me.

I was right place right time in 2009 and saw the Dalai Lama talk in his hometown in India. It was an all day thing and all the westerners I knew got bored pretty quick. For me, he lost my attention when he said something on the lines of 'Everybody is a good person as long as they follow a religion'. If I misunderstood his words I'm willing to admit it, but it made me think that a bloke chosen as a baby to be in his position is not necessarily a man whose words should be absorbed with higher regard.

Nevertheless, I still think it's a great and unique booking for Glastonbury, and I encourage anyone with an interest in him to go and make your own mind up ... but if I end up giving him a second chance he has an uphill battle to sway me.

but what if he plays the Benny Hill theme backwards on his saxophone? Would that sway you?