Dalai Lama self-confirms

UEF

Apologies if I've read this wrong but you have - in the above quote - stated that he is irrelevant to you purely because you don't believe in god. There is no mention of you having listened or read anything he has said and no attempt to investigate whether his teacings may be relevant regardless of a belief in a god or a spirituality either way.

I suggest that if you read the majority of what he says you'd find that very little of it has anything to do with god. I agree that religious people can be closed minded. You can also study ancient teachings and be open minded about it. My point is there is an irony in atheists - who so often point out closed mindedness as a flaw in the faithful - so often being unable to even listen to a person of faith.

ok, fair enough, with hindsight i should have left the atheism part out of it, it has no baring on the rest of my statement.

my point, now lost in the midsts of time, was that i was surprised at the amount of enthusiasm on this board. perhaps it was naive to think that, given we're on a glastonbury festival forum.

I am really quite surprised that with all the information available on social media that people still believe the myth that the Dalai Lama is a good man, or even a Buddhist. He has deliberately outcast a group of Buddhists in order to increase his political power in the exile Tibetan community, he supported terrorism funded by the CIA for many years, he has accepted millions of dollars and does not account for its whereabouts, he lies about his actions and he shows a total lack of compassion for the Shugden Buddhists that have been outcast in his community. If you look on the website for his parliament, the Central Tibetan Administration you will see the hit list put up to encourage people to harm the Tibetans who have peacefully demonstrated against his cruelty.http://tibet.net/dolgyal-shugden/list-of-dolgyal-protestors/It is as naive to believe he is a good Buddhist as it is to believe in Father Christmas. I am extremely disappointed that a festival that has a reputation for political correctness should have invited someone who has behaved like this. Please investigate for yourself www.internationalshugdencommunity and search Dalai Lama on twitter.

I am really quite surprised that with all the information available on social media that people still believe the myth that the Dalai Lama is a good man, or even a Buddhist. He has deliberately outcast a group of Buddhists in order to increase his political power in the exile Tibetan community, he supported terrorism funded by the CIA for many years, he has accepted millions of dollars and does not account for its whereabouts, he lies about his actions and he shows a total lack of compassion for the Shugden Buddhists that have been outcast in his community. If you look on the website for his parliament, the Central Tibetan Administration you will see the hit list put up to encourage people to harm the Tibetans who have peacefully demonstrated against his cruelty.http://tibet.net/dolgyal-shugden/list-of-dolgyal-protestors/It is as naive to believe he is a good Buddhist as it is to believe in Father Christmas. I am extremely disappointed that a festival that has a reputation for political correctness should have invited someone who has behaved like this. Please investigate for yourself www.internationalshugdencommunity and search Dalai Lama on twitter.

wow it didnt take the chinese state propoganda dept to make an account on efests I see!

The Dalai Lama is involved in religious discrimination against Tibetans who are Shugden Buddhists. They are banned from working for their Government in the refugee community in India, are banned from entering shops, and even attacked in their own homes because of their religious view. http://www.arebuddhistsracist.com/is a blog by an investigative journalist and has lots of information about it.

wow it didnt take the chinese state propoganda dept to make an account on efests I see!

To be fair, Western perception of him is heavily guided by the media and the widespread Hollywood backing of Free Tibet and stuff.

But we absolutely don't need loads of accounts signing up to lambast Glastonbury for having him though.

To be fair, Western perception of him is heavily guided by the media and the widespread Hollywood backing of Free Tibet and stuff.

But we absolutely don't need loads of accounts signing up to lambast Glastonbury for having him though.

Speak for yourself. My perception of him is guided by neither of those things.

This shugden stuff is well known to be exaggerated bullshit.

The Dalai Lama is involved in religious discrimination against Tibetans who are Shugden Buddhists. They are banned from working for their Government in the refugee community in India, are banned from entering shops, and even attacked in their own homes because of their religious view. http://www.arebuddhistsracist.com/is a blog by an investigative journalist and has lots of information about it.

These chinese fellows are going to make the bruce springsteen and u2 mob seem almost normal...

How much did the Chinese pay her? Or were threats sufficient?

Americans can criticise Barack Obama without being accused of working for ISIS and British people can criticise David Cameron and not be accused of working for Al-Queda. So why can't Tibetans criticise the Dalai Lama without being accused of working for China? Do you not want Tibetans to have the same rights as the British and Americans?

Americans can criticise Barack Obama without being accused of working for ISIS and British people can criticise David Cameron and not be accused of working for Al-Queda. So why can't Tibetans criticise the Dalai Lama without being accused of working for China? Do you not want Tibetans to have the same rights as the British and Americans?

Do you think Tibet should be a free and independent country?

Do you think Tibet should be a free and independent country?

Yes I do. Unfortunately the Dalai Lama has given up working for a free Tibet and has signed an agreement with China for Tibet to be a part of China. He's called it the 'Middle Way' approach. It's all explained on his website. He didn't hold a referendum to see if that was what the Tibetan people wanted.

Yes I do. Unfortunately the Dalai Lama has given up working for a free Tibet and has signed an agreement with China for Tibet to be a part of China. He's called it the 'Middle Way' approach. It's all explained on his website. He didn't hold a referendum to see if that was what the Tibetan people wanted.

Fair enough, I guess you arent an undercover chinese agent then, damn....

Edited by russycarps