Album of the year?

Dog Burger

If you're after a Los Camp release from this year to sink your teeth into (and a seasonal one to boot!) then I would point you in the direction of their new Christmas EP! It's both daft and joyous in equal and generous measure. Postie delivered it today, on snow white vinyl, along with a suitably twee signed Christmas card. V excited to see them in Manchester tomorrow!

I'm seeing them at the Norwich Arts Centre on Saturday. Great band ,lovely venue, should be a good gig.

10 was a toughie. Landed on this:

Sharon van Etten - Are We There?
Caribou - Our Love
Alvvays - s/t
Ought - More Than Any Other Day
Hookworms - The Hum
Sylvan Esso - s/t
Aphex Twin - Syro
Owen Pallett - In Conflict
Todd Terje - It's Album Time!
Ultimate Painting - Ultimate Painting

10 was a toughie. Landed on this:

Sharon van Etten - Are We There?

Caribou - Our Love

Alvvays - s/t

Ought - More Than Any Other Day

Hookworms - The Hum

Sylvan Esso - s/t

Aphex Twin - Syro

Owen Pallett - In Conflict

Todd Terje - It's Album Time!

Ultimate Painting - Ultimate Painting

I love most of those, haven't heard of sylvan esso and ultimate painting though, will check them out mr tuna.

I love most of those, haven't heard of sylvan esso and ultimate painting though, will check them out mr tuna.

Hope you enjoy!

I found that Ultimate Painting album earlier this week. So good.

Love it. If I didn't have so much work I'd be off to see them at The Lexington in a few days but I'm sure they'll be around quite a bit in the new year.

1. The Hotelier - Home, Like Noplace There Is (i can't remember who on this forum informed me of this band, but whoever it was, thank you so much)

There are several points during this album which have been my favourite musical moments of 2014 for me by far, the guitar on Introduction To The Album, the last minute of Among The Wildflowers and between 1:40 and 2:11 of Dendron....it is just fantastic!

Really want to listen to it again now and I really wish I was the one he showed you that album but I don't think it was me :P

There are several points during this album which have been my favourite musical moments of 2014 for me by far, the guitar on Introduction To The Album, the last minute of Among The Wildflowers and between 1:40 and 2:11 of Dendron....it is just fantastic!

Really want to listen to it again now and I really wish I was the one he showed you that album but I don't think it was me :P

i think there was a straight month when it was all i was listening to. has a ridiculous amount of plays on my iTunes. i love the whole 90's emo revival thing and this album does it the perfectly for me

Top 10 in no particular order

Temples - Sun Structures (Deluxe edition)
Augustines - S/T
Royal Blood - S/T
The Hotelier - Home, like no place is there
Band of Skulls - Himalayan
Death from Above 1979 - The physical world
Devin Townsend (ft Che Aimee Dorval) - Casualties of Cool
Hozier - S/T
Sleaford Mods - Divide & Exit
The Bug - Angels and Devils

Close but no cigar

Paul Thomas Saunders - Beautiful Desolation
Twin Atlantic - Great Divide
Nick Mulvey - First Mind
Hookworms - The hum

The above are albums I rated through the year with 4 or more stars (out of 5), have at least 30+ others that have 3 stars so I would say it's been another good year.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

My top 5

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Liars - Mess

Wild Beasts - Present Tense

Hookworms - The Hum

The top 3 there for me comfortably out in front of the others.

The Phantom Band, Royal Blood and The Twilight Sad have also been decent.

Edited by General Lee

If you're after a Los Camp release from this year to sink your teeth into (and a seasonal one to boot!) then I would point you in the direction of their new Christmas EP! It's both daft and joyous in equal and generous measure. Postie delivered it today, on snow white vinyl, along with a suitably twee signed Christmas card. V excited to see them in Manchester tomorrow!

How was the gig last night? Wondering what sort of setlist to expect tomorrow.

My top 5

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Liars - Mess

Wild Beasts - Present Tense

Hookworms - The Hum

The top 3 there for me comfortably out in front of the others.

The Phantom Band, Royal Blood and The Twilight Sad have also been decent.

I'm a little bit surprised this hasn't appeared on more people's list to be honest. It might take a couple of listens but it's a brilliant album.