Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 4/9/2024 at 10:36 PM, Madyaker said:

This place is one of the best little nooks at the festival, it's always going off at odd times of the day / night.

I know it's unlikely but I hope Helena Hauff gets booked again, the combo of her and Daniel Avery last year was really great.

Also hoping for the same. If she enjoyed last year then very good chance I’d say. There is a Glasto shaped hole on her current schedule according to RA so am keeping fingers crossed.

17 hours ago, nikkic said:

As you were walking into the old dance village, it was on the left. 

Was there 2007 and maaaaybe 2008 as well. 

The G stage was originally the stage in the first Glade area. I.e. Glade stage. It was in a different place (with it's back to the other stage), similar to where the bar is now. Then it moved to dance village when the glade area changed. 

7 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

The G stage was originally the stage in the first Glade area. I.e. Glade stage. It was in a different place (with it's back to the other stage), similar to where the bar is now. Then it moved to dance village when the glade area changed. 

What year did it change? I first went in 2007 and it was already in the dance village. 

The early years of glade were seminal for me. I remember Paul Oakenfold, Hybrid etc. In their prime, with the sunlight coming though the trees, very simple but effective canopies/ drapes between trees. A set by Hybrid in particular at sunset was just utter bliss. Very friendly atmosphere. TBH it still is like that now. I think the recent changes to the Glade have had a nod back to the original days, moving the big names out to the new stage and keeping some of the original magic with smaller acts under the trees. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

The early years of glade were seminal for me. I remember Paul Oakenfold, Hybrid etc. In their prime, with the sunlight coming though the trees, very simple but effective canopies/ drapes between trees. A set by Hybrid in particular at sunset was just utter bliss. Very friendly atmosphere. TBH it still is like that now. I think the recent changes to the Glade have had a nod back to the original days, moving the big names out to the new stage and keeping some of the original magic with smaller acts under the trees. 

I love The Glade, my favourite area of the festival.

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

I got a fish56octagon self confirm the other day

Any idea where?

I think someone said this elsewhere around a week ago, but no details on area

Fabric takeover for Silver Hayes on the Sunday!

Not sure if its just one stage or the whole area - no doubt will be bringing a great lineup

• Like 2

On 4/6/2024 at 10:25 AM, bennyhana22 said:

I am full gas for any E/Ders in need. We need to make sure we sort @Fishmantoo...

Ben
x

So crawling out of the woodwork and braving the boards, as I find myself ticketless again. So if any of the 'friendliest-thread-on-the-board' gang fancy helping out on Thursday send me a message and I'll send over details (Thursday sale is only me!).

All love will be greatly received along with big hugs at 5am at Genosys.

Bill

x

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, turricandan said:

JUSTICE - Coachella set looks pretty awesome!

Going to be mega this

currently listening to the 2017 glasto set at work 🙂 yet to see them, probably the act i'm most excited for this year!

2 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Wasted on that crowd..

Honestly put it in the bin. Always seemed soulless but - with the exception of those at the barrier - the footage from this year is singularly painful to watch.