Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Not as such but there can be long queues immediately after headliners finish. TBH it wasn’t anything like busy in 2022 & 2023. I guess Silver Hayes and Arcadia are becoming more of a draw

First time last year and I thought Shangri-La on the Friday was ridiculously busy , bordering on unsafe  - i wont be returning lol- block9 / common was so much more enjoyable. assume it's because it becomes a massive bottleneck towards that end. 

4 minutes ago, cgall said:

First time last year and I thought Shangri-La on the Friday was ridiculously busy , bordering on unsafe  - i wont be returning lol- block9 / common was so much more enjoyable. assume it's because it becomes a massive bottleneck towards that end. 

Sorry i meant the giant entrance funnel to the one way system was less busy, not commenting on any specific areas once inside

Edited by Twiggy553

5 minutes ago, cgall said:

Shangri-La has small venues and is quite narrow vs the wide paths and fields of Block9. Common eventually just becomes a queue for Shangri La, Rumshack especially gets busy with people just queueing for shangri la outside

40 minutes ago, cgall said:

Might be a stupid question but do they completely close off entry to the SEC at some point in the night , once it gets stupidly busy. Would i need to get there before a certain time in order to guarantee i can get in? 

No you just have to funnel your way in, since they brought in Iicon I’ve never had a problem getting in at any time you are always moving on the way somewhere. It’s then a bit of a one way system around and bits can get very busy especially by Truth stage as it has a stupid design to get past in my opinion but you’ll always get 

4 hours ago, cgall said:

Might be a stupid question but do they completely close off entry to the SEC at some point in the night , once it gets stupidly busy. Would i need to get there before a certain time in order to guarantee i can get in? 

Can only remember one year ages ago it was fully shut, with all the led traffic signs saying "SEC at max capacity, go elsewhere". Didn't notice it last year. Could have been a Thursday from what I remember.

They do sometimes stagger entries, both at the bit where you do the funnelling/the high 5 & also the bit where you cross the train tracks from Rum Shack into ShangriLa. Making you wait a few minutes before letting you through in waves.

To me it felt busier last year & didn't even feel like it ever died down anywhere, even at 4am from wherever I was.

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

Can only remember one year ages ago it was fully shut, with all the led traffic signs saying "SEC at max capacity, go elsewhere". Didn't notice it last year. Could have been a Thursday from what I remember.

They do sometimes stagger entries, both at the bit where you do the funnelling/the high 5 & also the bit where you cross the train tracks from Rum Shack into ShangriLa. Making you wait a few minutes before letting you through in waves.

To me it felt busier last year & didn't even feel like it ever died down anywhere, even at 4am from wherever I was.

I've ignored that a few times and still gotten in, don't remember seeing it last year either. I think their efforts to spread to late night crowd around has worked, Silver Hayes is really busy now until it closes at 3 am or whatever and by then a lot of the site is in bed anyway.

Anyone been to a recent Peggy Gou set? I've no idea what she's like these days.

Edited by Madyaker

21 hours ago, cgall said:

I was in Shangri La all night on the Friday and don’t remember it being uncomfortably busy. What time was it bad for you? 2019 I remember it being much worse, especially around the Gas Tower

16 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I've ignored that a few times and still gotten in, don't remember seeing it last year either. I think their efforts to spread to late night crowd around has worked, Silver Hayes is really busy now until it closes at 3 am or whatever and by then a lot of the site is in bed anyway.

Anyone been to a recent Peggy Gou set? I've no idea what she's like these days.

Expect to see more phones than dancing & chants of the like of "Peggy! Peggy! Peggy F*cking Gou!"

46 minutes ago, rwoo said:

I was in Shangri La all night on the Friday and don’t remember it being uncomfortably busy. What time was it bad for you? 2019 I remember it being much worse, especially around the Gas Tower

I recall Folamour being absolutely rammed! (as expected to be fair) , and leaving after took a while -around 4am maybe? I remember a lot of our group were at Four Tet beforehand and had to leave because it was way to intense! (more because of the music than the crowd)😂

On 3/20/2024 at 11:13 AM, gfa said:

I wasn't around at that point but Aphex Twin was kept secret well from what i heard - and is smaller, less accessible than Fred Again.

It wasn’t a particularly good secret - he was billed as DJ AFX!  What they did keep secret was the fact he was playing b2b with everyone on before him, so we got bonus RDJ.

23 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Sign of the times that we got those signs about The Levels last year

2 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It wasn’t a particularly good secret - he was billed as DJ AFX!  What they did keep secret was the fact he was playing b2b with everyone on before him, so we got bonus RDJ.

What a surprise that would have been.

Heres one of my favourite AFX records.

Enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1

I was speaking to Gary Clail last week: he is well and truly out of retirement. Playing Beautiful Days and Shambala as well as a few gigs of his own over the Summer. He did let a few of the Glasto bookers now of his availability but didn’t hear back. Bit disappointing that; absolutely one of the good guys out there and the stuff he is doing currently is top drawer. 

Last year seemed like the highest chance of getting Aphex, he was doing the festivals tour with a new EP.

I do think that he had put his name down but backed out in the end. 

Hard to imagine him coming out the woodworks just for Glasto. 

On 3/21/2024 at 10:33 AM, Acid Loafers said:

Expect to see more phones than dancing & chants of the like of "Peggy! Peggy! Peggy F*cking Gou!"

Pretty much what I was afraid of haha! She’s basically a female Fatboy Slim, I guess I’ll have to find something else for headliner that night. 

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Pretty much what I was afraid of haha! She’s basically a female Fatboy Slim, I guess I’ll have to find something else for headliner that night. 

It’ll be completely forgettable.

Def plenty of unforgettable stuff happening on other stages 🙂