Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

27 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Orbital in the daylight??

Seems that way. Love Orbital but not sure I can get excited by an hour set in the daylight. Maybe we'll see them play somewhere else too? I imagine at least a Phil DJ set is likely somewhere.

good amount of main stage dance (of mixed quality, looking at you peggy gou and Jamie XX based off what everyone here says!!)

Current POA is Dua / Coldplay (with mates, although alternatives aren't much better anyway) / Justice

Morning all, 

Off topic for the obvious Glasto chat this morning (can you tell I didn't get a ticket...) but has anyone been to Houghton? Trying to decide whether to venture out East solo or not. From the line up I'd alsways thought it would be full of older heads but having a quick search on YouTube the crowd looked a bit... influencery. Obviously this could be self selecting bias and only showing the places the sort of people who make YouTube videos head to on site. Any advice/experiences greatly received.

Cheers

Doubt I'll make it to Jamie XX, most likely to stick with the gf for Dua. Never heard much of his sets that's out of this world. 

Barry should be a good one, but gonna need to head early, rammo incoming.

Romy vs Two Door is tough, seen them both now. & I'll probably checking in on Avril already for a laugh.

100% there for Justice, missed this slot last time. Saw them at Brixton & was superb.

Now we wait for the E&D posters, to add further headache to these clashes. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

Justice - Disclosure - Barry Can't Swim are nailed on for me to see.

Jamie XX is going to be in a terrible clash personally 

Disclosure have somehow passed me by, but listening to them this morning has got me excited for their set. Need to explore Justice next, I did catch the start of their set last time they played and remember it sounded amazing - was with my wife who's not into electronic music otherwise i'd have stayed.

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Orbital in the daylight??

Leftfield in that slot last year was ace.  Sunsets and semi darkness , good crowd atmosphere too. 

Presume a slimmed down version of the green & Brown albums being toured, or maybe some other classics added?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chibukushakeshake said:

Morning all, 

Off topic for the obvious Glasto chat this morning (can you tell I didn't get a ticket...) but has anyone been to Houghton? Trying to decide whether to venture out East solo or not. From the line up I'd alsways thought it would be full of older heads but having a quick search on YouTube the crowd looked a bit... influencery. Obviously this could be self selecting bias and only showing the places the sort of people who make YouTube videos head to on site. Any advice/experiences greatly received.

Cheers

Friends have been and enjoyed it Good lineup and music never really stops

Main criticism was everyone seemed to take themselves pretty seriously (Nobody was in fancy dress of any kind, for instance)

20 minutes ago, dumski said:

Leftfield in that slot last year was ace.  Sunsets and semi darkness , good crowd atmosphere too. 

Presume a slimmed down version of the green & Brown albums being toured, or maybe some other classics added?

They always play a good selection of classics but I reckon it'll just be a selection from those albums - but there are plenty of classics on those records though. Realistically the set will probably only be an hour, that's only like 8 Orbital tunes.

How possible do you reckon a 2nd set in the SEC, Glade or Arcadia is?

No Underworld on the line up yet despite them being active and making their way down the country on the Friday and Saturday, what are the chances of them as Glade Sunday headliner?

Edited by Johnnyseven

26 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

They always play a good selection of classics but I reckon it'll just be a selection from those albums - but there are plenty of classics on those records though. Realistically the set will probably only be an hour, that's only like 8 Orbital tunes.

No Underworld on the line up yet despite them being active and making their way down the country on the Friday and Saturday, what are the chances of them as Glade Sunday headliner?

They are too big to headline the Glade surely it would be too rammed 

49 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Disclosure have somehow passed me by, but listening to them this morning has got me excited for their set. Need to explore Justice next, I did catch the start of their set last time they played and remember it sounded amazing - was with my wife who's not into electronic music otherwise i'd have stayed.

justice are a wierd one, they sound fine on their albums but live is just a different animal.  their 2017 set is on YouTube somewhere 

13 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Not sure tbh, level of rammage depends on who else is playing - if they're up against Justice it may not be too bad.

They packed out West Holts in 2016 putting them on the Glade would likely be unsafe. 

I don’t think they’re playing unless they do a TBA somewhere. Surely they’d be on the main poster. 

Edited by Madyaker

1 hour ago, chibukushakeshake said:

Morning all, 

Cheers

Id highly reccommend going to Houghton! IMO best weekend camping festival in the UK for electronic music. 

The music doesnt stop!!! haha

Has some of the best stage designs, simplicity with a huge focus on the the sound systems and acoustics.

As a 30 something year old id say majority of people there were of similar age to me, maybe abit younger. Im not sure i would say people are influencery but maybe they think about their image abit too much to focus on the music but thats just an opinion 😉

I do agree with the @Twiggy553 everyone is pretty serious, and there is a lack of maybe the fun side of partying but that being said if youre into your electronic music then its the place to be. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Once again, the electronic undercard is going to save the day. 

i cannot wait to delve into it.

It always saves the day youre right 

When do we think we can expect some of the areas line ups to drop?

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Probably post-resale. 

Here are some key dates from 2023 (sponsored by The Glasto Thingy):

April 13th - Silver Hayes

image.png.ceffb9716d45abb7d0fbd342ea8ab640.png

Thanks mate

Silver hayes is something im looking forward to alot.

Going off last year, not long to wait either!!

4 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

they did heaps of sets last year so possible i guess - although they did play a lot of the obvious spots. glade perhaps - arcadia seems unlikely, they have bigger fish to fry for older acts i think and very limited slots

I'd expect a mix of stuff given its a festival set - assuming they have other fest shows this summer

3 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Not sure tbh, level of rammage depends on who else is playing - if they're up against Justice it may not be too bad.

100% too big - would be mad to accept that slot crowding aside. They should be looking to do WH again or play Woodsies. Glade is insulting

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'd expect a mix of stuff given its a festival set - assuming they have other fest shows this summer

Orbital always have a set programmed for the run of shows that they are currently doing and the set will usually be the same for that run of shows. As they're doing Green/Brown shows this year i'll expect the set to be mostly from there, normally they play for 2 hours, as they will probably be playing an hour on The Park I would expect their set to the a best of the Green/Brown album. I could be wrong though.