Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The Rave Tree doesn't get its own listing, so are we are assuming that some/many/most of the DJ acts late at Greenpeacce are all up the tree? (as opposed to the actual GP stage)

Ben

Yes, I think it’s correct to assume that. I’ve seen plenty of DJs on in the tree and none on the stage. In the daytime, they used to alternate between stage act and Rave Tree act - with no gap in between (not sure if this is still the case).

Have seen the Stantons and Plump Djs deliver ace sets there in the past few years

40 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The Rave Tree doesn't get its own listing, so are we are assuming that some/many/most of the DJ acts late at Greenpeacce are all up the tree? (as opposed to the actual GP stage)

Ben

Would assume so, yeah. Probably already been mentioned in this thread, but Fatboy Slim said something too about seeing everyone 'in a tree'.

2 hours ago, Hank Hankinson said:

Anyone seen Max Cooper before? Thinking of making him my Saturday headliner but wondering if he'll have the same impact without the visuals...

It’s an AV set. I’m guessing the revamped Lonely Hearts stage will have decent screens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Yes, I think it’s correct to assume that. I’ve seen plenty of DJs on in the tree and none on the stage. In the daytime, they used to alternate between stage act and Rave Tree act - with no gap in between (not sure if this is still the case).

Have seen the Stantons and Plump Djs deliver ace sets there in the past few years

Will there be stuff on the tree on Wed? And don't Greenpeace announce the schedule nearer the time? (Albeit with TBAs).

Edited by Breeze

I don’t know who it was but last year (or maybe for 2019) someone pulled together a really helpful list of DJs playing throughout the festival and their genre. I don’t suppose someone has managed to do the same for this year yet? Helped me discover a few people that I wouldn’t normally have gone to see

49 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think I've decided to spend my Friday night with Carl Cox at the Glade. No main stage headliner massively appeals, so I'm thinking of spending my evening at the Glade after watching Young Fathers.

Anyone else going to be there?

Our group will all be at Fred, then splinter off to either Hot Chip, Chems or Coxy. 

Think I’ll be at the former, followed by DJ Boring and HAAI at San Remo, but could easily be swayed by one of the other options. 

Friday is so damn good. 

1 hour ago, festicam said:

Completely disregarding this year's specific lineup, what are everyone's favourite dance stages/areas? 

Just in terms sound/production/crowd/vibes etc. 

I love the Glade and I really like IICON, simply because there's a lot of space to move around and find your 'area'. I've only been in the Temple once and plan to change that this year along with NYC. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, festicam said:

Completely disregarding this year's specific lineup, what are everyone's favourite dance stages/areas? 

Just in terms sound/production/crowd/vibes etc. 

I didn't go everywhere last year by any means but some that resonated were Wow and the Genosys bus. Just had a great time there to be honest - i did miss / don't remember several key ones like Temple, Sonic and Gas Tower

The DnB nights at The Temple are amazing, my fave place to be at night I’d say. 

Really liked the set up at Lonely Hearts,  great sound system there.

And The Glade Dome was superb, dancing in the trees just hits different. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mattrik3 said:

I don’t know who it was but last year (or maybe for 2019) someone pulled together a really helpful list of DJs playing throughout the festival and their genre. I don’t suppose someone has managed to do the same for this year yet? Helped me discover a few people that I wouldn’t normally have gone to see

This would be super helpful. Until late last night I wasn't going to the festival so haven't been keeping up to date with this thread. Nabbed an Oxfam spot yesterday so well happy. If not i'll probably just head to my favourites The Glade, IICON & Genosis and see what's going on of a night. Mostly into techno and progressive stuff, maybe a bit of psytrance if there is any this year. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Really sad news regarding Michael Bibi and cancer.

https://twitter.com/RaveFootage/status/1665771169880875008/photo/2

Really terrible news for him and the whole dance community. I'm sure he'll get all the help and rest he needs, and hopefully he has a full, healthy recovery. Was really heartwarming to see all the love and kind messages sent his way yesterday.

19 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

What vibe do people think Actress (Live) will be post Four-Tet?

Whenever I have listened on Spotify, it has always tended to be pretty ambient and doesn't scream peak time Friday - wonder whether they turn it up a bit in their live performances? 

Yeah, that's a head scratcher. I continue to admire Block9's programming and they do knock it out of the park. What to expect from an Actress set on IICON, who knows?! I think I'll be in the Temple then, anyway.

Ben