Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

16 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

On another note, new Bonobo album coming in 2016, gotta be a shoe-in for another Glasto appearance...?

Now this I can get behind. I was having a real shitty, mental breakdown day when he last played but that set really perked me up. 

And from the Coachella line up I would like Nosaj Thing pretty please and thank you.

No, I have never seen LCD live. Twice they have been on at a festival (glastonbury 10 was one) and I have been somewhere else. I've only heard them on Record and it lacks something for me. 

Stumbled across Bonobo in 14 having never heard too much. I was impressed. Just what I wanted at that point. I was near the back, but I would hope to see them again.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have to admit, I've not yet really got into LCD too much on record, but when I saw them co-headlining with HC in Manchester they were amazing.

Trying again now.  "This Is Happening" good place to try?

A great record yes, but Sound of Silver is undoubtably their finest work in my opinion 

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that pre 'retirement' LCD would be about two or three lines down on that lineup? But instead they take a couple of years off and are suddenly upgraded to headliner status because of the novelty aspect. It's a cheap formula that seems to be getting utilized more and more by bands and festivals alike each year. And this is coming from a fan of LCD Soundsystem, having seen them twice, albeit feeling a little jilted by the impossibility of getting tickets to their farewell Madison Square Garden gig and really just the way that whole thing went down.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have to admit, I've not yet really got into LCD too much on record, but when I saw them co-headlining with HC in Manchester they were amazing.

Sound of Silver -- This is Happening -- LCD Soundsystem

That's the order I went in, depends though I'd say if you're more in to a more club/techno sort of vibe I'd go with their self-titled first

1 minute ago, theDandy said:

Sound of Silver -- This is Happening -- LCD Soundsystem

That's the order I went in, depends though I'd say if you're more in to a more club/techno sort of vibe I'd go with their self-titled first

I'm not changing record again.  I'll just end up listening to the first track of each at this rate :)

P.S. It's times like this that I fucking love having Spotify.  Couldn't imagine doing without it now.

With the announcment of a new Bonobo album for 2016, what electronic bands do people think could be appearing on the main stages this year as opposed to SH/SEC etc, the success of Caribou/Todd Terje last year could definitely lead to more, Four Tet for me would make a tremendous Park headliner 

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not changing record again.  I'll just end up listening to the first track of each at this rate :)

P.S. It's times like this that I fucking love having Spotify.  Couldn't imagine doing without it now.

Agreed, the only blemishes I can think of is it not having In Rainbows or the Moon & Antarctica, but apart from that it's pretty perfect! I hope you like LCD, I had a thing against them for some reason at one point I think I read an interview by James Murphy and he came across as a really arrogant fella and it put me off him, but he seems like a really down to earth guy and their music is fantastic. I caught the very end of their show at Leeds Fest 2010 (maybe the last song or two) and they looked amazing. Unfortunately I was watching Axl Rose and co. instead due to my mates' preferences at the time.

52 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that pre 'retirement' LCD would be about two or three lines down on that lineup? But instead they take a couple of years off and are suddenly upgraded to headliner status because of the novelty aspect. It's a cheap formula that seems to be getting utilized more and more by bands and festivals alike each year. And this is coming from a fan of LCD Soundsystem, having seen them twice, albeit feeling a little jilted by the impossibility of getting tickets to their farewell Madison Square Garden gig and really just the way that whole thing went down.

To be fair to them they were 2nd from top the last time they played at Coachella - it's a festival that for my mind has a few odd placements every year, Calvin Harris being t one this year, Phoenix a few years back too, don't see any issue with LCD Soundsystem jumping up a single spot after 5 years away and having had the farewell tour that they had, seemed to ignite a fair amount of interest in them.

16 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

To be fair to them they were 2nd from top the last time they played at Coachella - it's a festival that for my mind has a few odd placements every year, Calvin Harris being t one this year, Phoenix a few years back too, don't see any issue with LCD Soundsystem jumping up a single spot after 5 years away and having had the farewell tour that they had, seemed to ignite a fair amount of interest in them.

Fair enough. But there is still a huge difference between headliner and sub, and in my eyes it is a bit questionable that that jump should be made due to sheer inactivity rather than I don't know maybe making another record, continuing to play excellent gigs, etc.

5 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Fair enough. But there is still a huge difference between headliner and sub, and in my eyes it is a bit questionable that that jump should be made due to sheer inactivity rather than I don't know maybe making another record, continuing to play excellent gigs, etc.

Yeah, I mean it doesn't necessarily sit right with me, but I can completely understand why Coachella have put them there, but then I look through the rest of the Coachella line up, and past line ups and there are so many acts that look oddly placed. I think that when there were the original rumours last summer and there was seemingly a decent clamour for them to return it was always going to end this way I think, GV love a reunion.

19 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Saw the LCD / HC co-headline at alli-pali and bought a ticket for their coronet show the next day while walking out. Crazy good. Not seen many bands two days running..

17 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Yeah, I mean it doesn't necessarily sit right with me, but I can completely understand why Coachella have put them there, but then I look through the rest of the Coachella line up, and past line ups and there are so many acts that look oddly placed. I think that when there were the original rumours last summer and there was seemingly a decent clamour for them to return it was always going to end this way I think, GV love a reunion.

Arn't Phoenix a lot bigger in the US than UK anyway. There are odd bands that just don't sell well.

2 hours ago, krisskross said:

Arn't Phoenix a lot bigger in the US than UK anyway. There are odd bands that just don't sell well.

100% yes. Found it so strange that they were only headlining the John Peel stage in 2013. If they were as big in the UK as they are here, they could probably headline the Pyramid stage.

3 hours ago, Time Being said:

100% yes. Found it so strange that they were only headlining the John Peel stage in 2013. If they were as big in the UK as they are here, they could probably headline the Pyramid stage.

When they were announced for Coachella was everyone like 'fair enough they're big enough' or was it a 'they're not quite big enough to headline/they're a very small headliner'?