Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I've never quite clicked with OK Willams' sets (more my problem than theirs, I'm sure). But, Child 1 has put them top of his Block9 must-sees for this year (not that he's going, he'd just always share his expert opinion!).

So I had another dig, and this is really, really good. Something like this on Genosys at 2-3am could be phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-iiuDGf9s

Ben

I f**k with this! More recommendations like this please sir. It's giving me fun high-energy vibes which i'm here for.

Edited by EZYSEY
  • Like 1

Yeah I listened to that OK Williams set today (at 7am whilst training) and really enjoyed it. 

Imagine I’d enjoy it even more at 2am with something stronger than an espresso inside me. 

Took the kids to Radio 1 Big Weekend yesterday.

We saw Joy Anonymous first. Had a lot of fun, but I wouldn’t be rushing to see them again at Glasto, played a pretty much identical set to when they warmed up for Fred in September at Ally Pally and honestly their mixing is so up and down. Some real clangers in there. 

Caught 20 mins of Salute. One of my favourite DJs at the moment, lots of energy, great track selection and clashes permitting I’ll see him again at Glasto. 

Intended to see Eric Prydz but my wife lost her phone just before so we spent an hour trying (unsuccessfully)  to locate it. 

Dimension is about as cheesy as it gets from a Drum and Bass DJ. No skill or craft at all, just press play on the most well know tunes at the time. 

Chase And Status were decent, they could headline the Other stage again no bother. 

Nice day, musically was pretty vanilla, but a little warm up for the real stuff next month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Franky said:

Anyone spotted Four Tet? I’ve not noticed him announced anywhere. 

Cheers 

Multiple previous posts on this... No name anywhere yet and I can't see any of the usual aliases. My money's on him being on the sidelines for Daphni's set at Stonebridge (Dan was there for his set last year), although he was chatting to Jamie XX at Jamie's club night the last couple of nights so he could be in the wings there. Can't see him coming on with Jamie particularly though. 

A few on the thread adamant he's having a year out but I don't believe it, he never misses Glastonbury. But I love him and am biased. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Multiple previous posts on this... No name anywhere yet and I can't see any of the usual aliases. My money's on him being on the sidelines for Daphni's set at Stonebridge (Dan was there for his set last year), although he was chatting to Jamie XX at Jamie's club night the last couple of nights so he could be in the wings there. Can't see him coming on with Jamie particularly though. 

A few on the thread adamant he's having a year out but I don't believe it, he never misses Glastonbury. But I love him and am biased. 

Although he may well pop up with somebody else or do a very secret set, I’m working on the theory that he’s having year off from being all over the lineup to make way for getting a decent slot - Holts headliner perhaps - next year. A slot like that seems far less impressive when you saw him play your campsite the previous year.

8 hours ago, morph100 said:

Are chemical brothers playing in any format? One of them DJing somewhere? Aren’t they always there?

I don’t think they are always performing there in the same way Fatboy is. They headline the other every four years or so and DJ’d Arcadia last year but that is the first DJ set there I can remember.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

@stuie

Your (entirely unsurprising) wish has been granted! Felix D will close Genosys on Monday morning.

Ben

Well, that's just the cherry on the top for me. 

On the actual Genosys. 

It'll be like 2019 all over again 🙂 

On 5/26/2024 at 4:14 PM, morph100 said:

Are chemical brothers playing in any format? One of them DJing somewhere? Aren’t they always there?

won't be about for a few years, nothing this summer - they are on a break as one of them just had a kid

would expect some dj sets maybe the end of next year to ramp up into the next album perhaps

So is that every dance lineup out now? Except Greenpeace?

I really had my hopes of Marlon Hoffstadt being on the farm, really thought this was his year... Guessing the UK bookers haven't got him high on their lists 😔 

Would be perfect timing with his first Essential Mix out now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001z5kz

Edited by Acid Loafers

6 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I really had my hopes of Marlon Hoffstadt being on the farm, really thought this was his year... Guessing the UK bookers haven't got him high on their lists 😔 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001z5kz

San Remo still pending too 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/

Edit - read the post you're replying to, Ben 🙄

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1