Best Cover Songs You've Heard at Glastonbury

Perks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I am missing the irony, but 3 people appear to have posted about Dolly's 'I will always love you' - you do know it's her song? The first be I took as a joke, but as it continued I started to wonder.

Just checking, and making sure no-one else reading runs off with this idea.

Sorry if I am just having a sense of humour bypass, it's early.

I thought exactly the same thing. Didn't want to comment on it in case it was some sort of in-joke and I had missed the irony!

Stornoway did 'wearing my Casio'. A cover and a piss-take in one!

That was a brilliant piss take cover! Wouldn't have expected it from them.

Edit: a bloke decided to get a pic of as many people wearing Casio's a pic, think he ended up with about 60 pics

Edited by Couchy

Great thread! I've run out of likes for the day and it's only 00:08.

But, the clocks go back in just under two hours, so I may get some back.

Aaaaanyway, back on thread, I always liked Madness's variation (as my rather pretentious music teacher used to call covers) of Bacharach (& possibly David's?) It Must Be Love.

So, cover, variation or rearrangement? Discuss.

Aaaaanyway, back on thread, I always liked Madness's variation (as my rather pretentious music teacher used to call covers) of Bacharach (& possibly David's?) It Must Be Love.

So, cover, variation or rearrangement? Discuss.

Erm, it was by Labi Siffre originally, I don't believe Bacharach or David had any involvement!

I can't really see any difference between cover, variation and rearrangement. All just different words for the same thing really. I suppose you could say they suggest increasing amounts of change from an original, in which case 'variation' might fit best for the Madness version.