Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say pleased. Happy for your ears, maybe but no skin off my nose. ;-)

Was one my way, then it started to piss down so i went back to the tent, I'm literally the very definition of a fairweather fan

You have a good one this year?

haha, well it's more of a

why would he headline next year, When it makes no sense?

its more of a "sounds like his current tour will still be in progress when Glasto 2016 comes around" so he could play, to headline is a different question I guess.

although, as mentioned previously, I don't think he has appeared on any festival line-ups this year as a non-headliner

I was a big Oasis fan, and really like  NG's new stuff.  

I had a ticket for the Calling Festival on Saturday in Clapham but couldn't make it (long story), ended up taking a £15 loss on the ticket to someone my brother works with as it hadn't sold out....so perhaps for NG isn't quite there yet as a solo performer in terms of audience.  Not quite sure how many people were there?!

I think if NG was to headline the Pyramid or Other stage he'd have to lean quite heavily on well known Oasis stuff to keep the crowd interested!

bad example, that mans been solo for longer as he was a beatle now and hes built up his reputation as a solo artist,.....noel is many years away from that.

And how many hits has he had Solo? Mull of Kintyre, the frog chorus and the Christmas one.*

McCartney definitely should have headlined, no question at all, but since 1973 ish, he has done sod all most people want to hear from him when he plays, especially at a festival. People go to see him for Beatles and a few wings tunes, not his solo stuff.

*Ebony and Ivory

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I'm not saying Noel Gallagher should headline.

At a fesrival, you can get away with playing solely the old hits. Like them or not Oasis were an absolutely massive act in this country. Top 10 most popular ever in Britain. I'd say the chief songwriter could easily get away with headlining.

However...

Personally, if I was Noel, I'd ask for an extended Sunday Legend slot. It's the biggest crowd puller anyway. You can then play "the hits"

He plays songs he's written, there his songs he has every right to play them without his brother.

He does have every right. However he manages to turn them into a pile of beige mush. Never a front man, never will be.

Also stadiums do not equal arena's, not in the UK anyway.

Why is this debate still happening lol. Noel would sub. And im a big fan. He played 6 oasis tunes at Calling festival. Fade away, Champagne supernova, whatever, digsy's dinner, the masterplan and don't look back in anger. It would go down a storm at glasto regardless. Also songs like AKA what a life, Everybodys on the Run, you know we cnt go back etc had people singing along as much as the oasis tunes.

They would be. Maybe not to people on here. but to the majority of glasto goers, oasis would be more popular than Radiohead

Proposterous, I'm afraid.

I have been going to Glastonbury for 20 years and in my experience, the average Glasto goer, is most certainly not the archetypal Oasis fan. I have never had the misfortune to witness audiences at Glastonbury that in any way, shape or form resemble the knuckle scraping, pissed throngs that i used to see at Oasis's big gigs.

The two Radiohead headline shows have gone down in history for all the right reasons, unlike the two Oasis headline shows...

Edited by ericlered

I have been going to Glastonbury for 20 years and in my experience, the average Glasto goer, is most certainly not the archetypal Oasis fan. I have never had the misfortune to witness audiences at Glastonbury that in any way, shape or form that resemble the knuckle scraping, pissed throngs that i used to see at Oasis's big gigs.

Hence why the two Radiohead headline shows have gone down in history for all the right reasons, unlike the two Oasis headline shows...

Don't stereotype oasis fans. You saying stuff like that, literally backs up the point that all Radiohead fans are pretentious and snobby. a Reformed Oasis would be a more popluar headline choice than Radiohead. You can't argue against it

I have been going to Glastonbury for 20 years and in my experience, the average Glasto goer, is most certainly not the archetypal Oasis fan. I have never had the misfortune to witness audiences at Glastonbury that in any way, shape or form resemble the knuckle scraping, pissed throngs that i used to see at Oasis's big gigs.

Hence why the two Radiohead headline shows have gone down in history for all the right reasons, unlike the two Oasis headline shows...

The truth is somewhere inbetween.

Radiohead would be the popular choice on here and at the site I'd wager. They'd get a huge crowd and would be brilliant.

Oasis would generate a lot more interest outside the festival - more column inches, exposure, higher BBC viewing figures. They'd still draw a big crowd - mixture of fans and those expecting a car crash. They'd be terrible, saw them a dozen or so times in their heyday and they weren't great live back then. They'd be shockingly bad now.

a Reformed Oasis would be a more popluar headline choice than Radiohead. You can't argue against it

I don't want to see either headline but I doubt that very much. At other festivals maybe, but not at Glasto. 

Don't forget, a lot of people who go to the festival actually saw Oasis in 04. 

They'd be terrible, saw them a dozen or so times in their heyday and they weren't great live back then. They'd be shockingly bad now.

Interesting point. I saw them a rake of times too and don't think I ever saw them play a good gig.

04 was supposed to be their big moment and they completely Kanyed it.

Edited by The Nal

Don't stereotype oasis fans. You saying stuff like that, literally backs up the point that all Radiohead fans are pretentious and snobby. a Reformed Oasis would be a more popluar headline choice than Radiohead. You can't argue against it

I don't think he said all Oasis fans are like that. I know exactly the sort of crowd he's on about as I saw it first hand at Heaton Park and I've seen similar crowds of people at The Stone Roses shows. If anything, you've generalised here by calling all Radiohead fans pretentious and snobby.

I like Radiohead and Oasis, so I must be a pretentious snob who loves to chuck his piss around.

Radiohead and Oasis would be greeted with similar popularity, but in different ways. People would turn up to Radiohead for the spectacle, but would turn up to Oasis for a pissed up singalong.

To be fair, I'd probably be turning up to Radiohead for a pissed up singalong. 'Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon'.