What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2015?

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought this bad boy :) tis quite hefty though and a smaller one would have sufficed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-Technology®-22400mAh-Capacity-Flashlight/dp/B00F5Q4F0U/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1428531059&sr=8-11&keywords=portable+charger

Edited by CTO

The walking training is a great idea. Glastonbury last year was my first full festival for a couple of years and at the still tender age of 26, I found it a struggle at times physically due to huge walking distances (and the alcohol, maybe)

Should have plenty of charge on that!

Might have overdone it a bit, as I have also with my tent, although not my lighter/watch survival/incendiary device :)

I figured I can lend power to people if they need it though and use the SOS function if as predicted by Gnomicide I set fire to my head :)

I did test run the powerbank thingy last week and it performed well, ran a kindle for a week and also simultaneously charged phones.....

Might have overdone it a bit, as I have also with my tent, although not my lighter/watch survival/incendiary device :)

I figured I can lend power to people if they need it though and use the SOS function if as predicted by Gnomicide I set fire to my head :)

I did test run the powerbank thingy last week and it performed well, ran a kindle for a week and also simultaneously charged phones.....

Taking into account others (ie the whole camping area) wanting to ride off your charge is probably important.

I now cycle to work (10 miles round trip) and this has beefed my legs up a bit. I must do a few miles a day walking round my site so I will be reasonable come the fest, should I manage to bag a resale ticket.

It is my back I worry about though. Excessive standing fucks my back RIGHT UP and I have never been able to think of what to do to lessen the pain..... come the last few days at G I am always on Cocodamol and LOTS of cannabis to numb the pain!

I now cycle to work (10 miles round trip) and this has beefed my legs up a bit. I must do a few miles a day walking round my site so I will be reasonable come the fest, should I manage to bag a resale ticket.

It is my back I worry about though. Excessive standing fucks my back RIGHT UP and I have never been able to think of what to do to lessen the pain..... come the last few days at G I am always on Cocodamol and LOTS of cannabis to numb the pain!

You should try doing some stretches dude, yoga moves are the best. It really does help. I struggle with me back and neck, few stretches in the morning do help.

......and loads of pot :-)

That lower back pain from being stood at gigs all day can be a killer for sure. For me the worst is the journey in, it's always destroyed me (apart from one year where I was on crutches and my poor kids had to carry everything). I'm good with the walking round the site and in a dry year at least you can rest the back with the occasional gig sat back where you can get your arse on the floor for a bit. I use a knapsack as my day bag and also as lumber support when sitting (as well as a convenient table to skin up on).

I've no idea if it will actually help that much but i'm planning on taking on the "30 day plank challenge" to try and strengthen my core

i always find my self struggling with all the standing at festivals so i'm hoping having some sort of muscle base to support me is going to help