Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Libertines

Faithless

the lure of some good money in summer 2015 will prove too much

No idea on the third - would love it to be The Maccabees but not sure if they are big enough for that.

Faithless are just doing DJ/Sound system sets now aren't they after "retiring" ?

No chance. Coming from a relatively big Frank Ocean fan. No chance.

in the UK Frank is definitely the bigger name. The Weeknd made a bit of an impact but that kind of came and went pretty quickly. Frank made a much bigger impact and will become a pretty huge name with the new album i imagine

yeah likewise. definitely don't see him as a Other headliner, regardless of how well his new album does

No chance. Coming from a relatively big Frank Ocean fan. No chance.

He was like third down at TITP last year, off just the one proper album. That's pretty good going.

I think he's a bit more ambient and stuff that'd suit an Other Stage headline slot rather than high up on Pyramid.

Edited by dentalplan

• 3 weeks later...

According to Josh, You Me At Six could be chasing for glasto slot next year.

I can see an Imagine Dragons / Enter Shikari situation happening, Big slots at festivals like reading and T but low other stage slot at Glastonbury.

Maybe 3rd/4th down Other Stage for them?

Weezer

The 1975

Sigur Rós

That'd be enough to keep me away from the pyramid.

Also, as much as id love to see Royal Blood headline, I reckon they'll sub the other next year.

Reckon The 1975 will take 2015 off Glasto unless they have new stuff out by then tbh. Three slots in two years is enough for the same setlist.

Edited by Zac Quinn

I don't know that YM@6 really have an audience at Glastonbury.

I think we can put the "dont have an audience at Glasto" argument to bed now after Metallica this year, people on here predicted the field to be pretty much empty. The Eavis' are in a position now to book whoever they want, and I think the OP is right that if bands like YM@6 want to play it will be in lower slots on the other stage, then if they dont pull a massive crowd it doesnt matter that much.

Jimmy Eat World played the other stage in 2011, same year as playing the main stage at Reading/Leeds.

Hopefully Micheal tells them to fuck off. Worse than Paramore.

Yes it would be awful, but their newer material sounds more like it's trying to appeal to as many people as possible (even though it is shit).

I reckon if they did play, they would get 4th down on Other, and it wouldn't bother you at all.

Shame I really enjoyed Paramore at Reading this year. Why are they getting all this undeserved hate?

they're essentially a shameless pop act, which a lot of people on here seem to dislike. me? i love my pop music, and think Paramore's latest album is brilliant. thought they were done for with half the band leaving but it's a genuinely great album

all that said, it's very unlikely they'll ever play Glastonbury. hard to see where they'd fit in, especially now that they're more or less headliners