Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NIN would definitely be my perfect Other headliner, but considering they play arenas when they tour it's unfortunately probably likely that they'll ever do it. maybe just that bit too big to do it these days. looking at this and last years Other headliners, NIN seem far bigger than any of them

NIN would definitely be my perfect Other headliner, but considering they play arenas when they tour it's unfortunately probably likely that they'll ever do it. maybe just that bit too big to do it these days. looking at this and last years Other headliners, NIN seem far bigger than any of them

Metallica were being discussed for the Other stage this year. Young Jake was an anomaly.

Nah I think they're fine, size-wise. I always see Other headliners as kind of equivalent to main stage subs, but normally a little more leftfield, so they probably don't tend to as big tours. I also think they'd be a brilliant booking for it. NIN are a damn site less effective when not in the dark, so I guess Trent would prefer to headline Other than sub Pyramid.

NIN are the perfect Other headliner, saw them this year and Trent still puts on a blistering show. If he accepted R&L sub, then I reckon he'd go for Other headliner, and it's go down in history. Sunday night, closing the other, it's Trent's time to do a triumphant set to rival Portishead's.

NIN definitely need the light show, they're not quite the same without and Trent will get annoyed.

If it was those three bands I wouldn't stay away from the other stage.

anyone think Swans as a realistic shout for next year

and maybe Bjork for outside bet

I'd probably be there every night.

I'd take PJ Harvey over Sigur Ros, though, as I've never seen her. Is she big enough to headline the Other Stage, or would she be more likely elsewhere?

Even though that other stage lineup wouldn't happen all the acts are likely to be active, is Pj Harvey going to be around?

She should have headlined the pyramid years ago and IMO deserves the slot now but she wouldn't have the appeal. I've no idea where she would place, I'd say possible pyramid sub/third down maybe?

Either way I hope she is there as I too have never managed to see her.

Even though that other stage lineup wouldn't happen all the acts are likely to be active, is Pj Harvey going to be around?

She should have headlined the pyramid years ago and IMO deserves the slot now but she wouldn't have the appeal. I've no idea where she would place, I'd say possible pyramid sub/third down maybe?

Pj Harvey wouldn't have the appeal?

Her last album was a thing of beauty, really stunning stuff.

Easy other headliner. Whether she'd do it is a different story

I always picture PJ Harvey as either a West Holts or Acoustic headliner. I can never quite judge her popularity though.

I'm not certain any of those will be active next year.

NIN will surely have finished the Hesitation Marks tour?

Do Sigur Ros have a new album planned for before the festival? If so then yeah.

Tool probably won't release their album for another 15 years, and then take even longer to visit the UK :(

Swans definitely aren't big enough to headline other, but I don't know where they would play or if they would?

Park headline would be perfect

I reckon Swans are a bit too left field to headline even the Park. There isn't really a stage at Glastonbury that can give them the set they deserve. William's Green headline perhaps? But I imagine their sound doesn't really lend itself to a festival set, when all is said and done.

I'm not certain any of those will be active next year.

NIN will surely have finished the Hesitation Marks tour?

Do Sigur Ros have a new album planned for before the festival? If so then yeah.

Tool probably won't release their album for another 15 years, and then take even longer to visit the UK :(

Well yeh I suppose Nails may have finished touring but maybe as a one off you never know.

I don't know if sigur ros have any plans but I wouldn't rule them out either as they are pretty prolific atm output wise.

As for tool I doubt they will ever play glastonbury sadly, it's just nice to think about the possibility. They have been playing gigs this year though haven't they?

Ahh well, Im sure we'd all rather watch The Vaccines anyway wouldn't we?

I reckon Swans are a bit too left field to headline even the Park. There isn't really a stage at Glastonbury that can give them the set they deserve. William's Green headline perhaps? But I imagine their sound doesn't really lend itself to a festival set, when all is said and done.

I was watching this today:

http://youtu.be/Xs6m9HeWXck

That's what made me crave a swans headline set on the park. Sadly I think you're right though :(