Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon (if they were asked) Paramore could easily be convinced into playing 3rd down pyramid.

maybe, but they were never asked to play when they were smaller (were they?) so it's hard to see why they'd be asked to play now that they're a big act. pop/punk isn't something that's really represented much at Glastonbury (probably because Reading and Leeds have so much of it)

Shame I really enjoyed Paramore at Reading this year. Why are they getting all this undeserved hate?

That was faint praise for them :P

But mainly cause they are shit especially since the band essentially split up. I actually quite like Riot, its not great or anything but its better than the new shite.

That was faint praise for them :P

But mainly cause they are shit especially since the band essentially split up. I actually quite like Riot, its not great or anything but its better than the new shite.

wrong. i enjoyed Riot! (and the rest) when it came out but the new album absolutely pisses all over anything they've previously done. it's very good

I've still not got around to listening to Channel Orange, but I probably should. Pyramids didn't do much for me, but Forrest Gump is an absolute mother of a tune.

it's a really fantastic album, and i'd say most of the album has far more in common with Forrest Gump than Pyramids (which kind of sticks out in the album, although i do absolutely love it)

I love channel orange, one of my favourites is actually Sierra Leone. It's one of the less popular ones but there's just something about it I love

i really didn't like that song at first but have found myself with it stuck in my head quite a lot recently. there's just something about it

the album's one of my favourites from recent memory. don't think i've played and replayed an album quite as much as i did that one since

I definitely think he's bigger than 4th down pyramid at least. My main worry is that the set would get lost with a largely uninterested crowd

That's pretty much how I feel about it. It's kind of easy to say "hip hop act? 4th down Pyramid. Friday." but I don't think Frank Ocean's similar to those rappers and will probably just end up branded 'boring'. Plus I predict he'll be too big for that and well on his way to stardom by summer but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

who reckon PABH would B a good Other Stage afternoon act?

Yes. I don't know if they're big enough to play Other past lunchtime but wherever at the festival would be good.