Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This quote from their Wikipedia page sums them up:

"The band's unusual sound stems from the fact that due to living in student halls, where noise had to be kept to a minimum, they were unable to use bass guitars or bass drums."

Rock and Roll.

:lol: Makes so much sense now!

Gave them a go on the Coachella stream earlier, utterly dull as I thought they would be. (I decide to give them a chance as Left Hand Free had been growing on me.)

I don't get how people find Royal Blood boring...

I mean they are ok for like two songs.....then they play those songs again...and again...

You could say that about any genre though

I am suspicious that this was an opportunity for willutalk to say some bands and albums he likes. :P

I love a lot of those bands - like I assume many Glasto-goers do - but it doesn't matter a jot to me whether they do Glastonbury or not. It's not the crowning glory for American rock bands to play a mainstream English festival as a sort of novelty and there's ample opportunity to see them elsewhere in the UK and Europe.

Rudimental

Chemical Brothers

Alt-J

Still seem a reasonable guess for other stage headliners?

Neil's info is that Chemical Brothers are headlining Sunday, and Alt-J are only available on the Sunday, so either his info is wrong, or one of them (most likely Alt-J) aren't headlining Other

Real shame if Chems play the Sunday for me.

I'd love to be able to focus a particularly big night around a live Chems gig. It was amazing back in (was it 2011?) on the Saturday night.

I know I'll get some stick for this, but I just can't bring myself to go big on a Sunday. Too tired, too hanging... prefer a lighter day.

People keep talking about Ben Howard headlining Saturday. Is there some sort of rumour pinning him there or what?

Either way; three of Chems, alt-j, Ben Howard and Rudimental would keep me away from seeing an Other headliner this year. I do/did like Chemical Brothers but I would be surprised if I couldn't find a better alternative.

People keep talking about Ben Howard headlining Saturday. Is there some sort of rumour pinning him there or what?

Either way; three of Chems, alt-j, Ben Howard and Rudimental would keep me away from seeing an Other headliner this year. I do/did like Chemical Brothers but I would be surprised if I couldn't find a better alternative.

he's been confirmed for the fest (i think?), he played Pyramid last time, and is a huge name - Other headliner or sub is the best guess for where he'll play. nothing more

Chems would interest me but considering it's looking like Blur (or most of the other possibilities), i'll have to give em a miss and hopefully catch em at Bestival

the chemical brothers....superstar djs...here we go..again and again...once you've seen themm you've seen them, and yeah the lights / visuals may be decent, but they aren't a patch on underworld / prodigy / orbital / leftfield as big stadium / festival dance acts imho.

i'd strangely never seen them do a dj set until bugged out weekender couple eyars ago...have to say, was pretty unispriing stuff...and hasn't one of them retired now?

the chemical brothers....superstar djs...here we go..again and again...once you've seen themm you've seen them, and yeah the lights / visuals may be decent, but they aren't a patch on underworld / prodigy / orbital / leftfield as big stadium / festival dance acts imho.

i'd strangely never seen them do a dj set until bugged out weekender couple eyars ago...have to say, was pretty unispriing stuff...and hasn't one of them retired now?

I've heard their dj sets aren't great. Guess that's why they don't do many.

I rate Chems nearly as highly as i rate Orbital. Having seen Prodigy once in 2009 I'd say they don't come close to those two.

Hoping to see Leftfield this year at Glasto.

I've managed to avoid Ben Howard completely, but is he really a bigger deal than Paolo Nutini?

Probably not, but he's playing mostly arenas on his tour this month so is maybe big enough to headline Other. Rudimental, Ben Howard and Chemical Brothers is a pretty uninspiring set of headliners though.