Acid_Haze

For a change Matt, I think you might be on to something, I don't see them holding off until June 1st to announce Muse, doesn't make any sense

It does though make sense that it could be the same act as playing glasto, someone that's not currently active and won't announce a return until then, il leave it with my thoughts for now

There are two struggling festivals in Germany from May 29-31, "Rockavaria" and "Rock Im Revier". They belong together, one of them had to move because of low ticket sales. It's quite a ridiculous story, but because they're both having Muse as a headliner, as well as a festival in Austria that weekend by the same organiser, it's almost an open secret that Lollapalooza will announce Muse on June 1st.

Edited by ThomZorke

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Nah it's Muse. They can't announce until that date because it's the day after they play two German fests they are exclusive to. Even if it doesn't end up being Muse, I can't work out why it would be connected when they're almost three months apart.

Would Muse REALLY do Download one week and then Glasto the following week??

Just don't see that

Would Muse REALLY do Download one week and then Glasto the following week??

Just don't see that

Metallica did Glastonbury, then Sonisphere in the space of a week.

Although I don't think it's them

I feel like this whole "can't announce till June" whatever just shows how much pressure Glasto are under to get massive acts every year.

If you get what I mean, feels like they must feel pressured to take these loophole methods to book massive acts.

When/If we get an initial mini poster like last year and see the Sunday pyramid sub, we might get a clearer picture on who it might be, and jump to our own more precise conclusions...as if we don't do that enough anyway :prankster:

I dont know why people refuse to believe the Roses could be a possibility! maybe ME has to wait till june beacuse the roses are going to announce a new album, and warm up shows for glasto? im not sure they would announce there comeback via glasto headline slot. and its clear they have been doing something in these 3 years! recent pictures and rumours. Also Ian brown and Mani just not activley making music, just doesnt seem right. A new album is coming defo (I hope) lol, glasto...im not sure!

Il take your trusted word on it dental, I hadn't really looked into it really just seemed odd to me

Well I'm just trusting other people's words on it. It seems consistent with the small bandname gap on the poster.

unnamed-1.jpg

I feel like this whole "can't announce till June" whatever just shows how much pressure Glasto are under to get massive acts every year.

If you get what I mean, feels like they must feel pressured to take these loophole methods to book massive acts.

Yeah. I don't like it, personally. Seems that there are current acts working hard and champing at the bit to get to the top of the lineup but instead it's decidedly better to have to play by the rules of these mega acts that have only just heard about Glastonbury or something.

edit: I mean, if it's true, that is. I'm not convinced.

Edited by dentalplan

Should be pointed out that Prince has no problem with a festival he's playing at using his name to sell tickets. That would be completely nonsensical, like making a venue sell tickets to a concert he was playing without being allowed to say it was him. His problem was that he thought Glastonbury was using rumours of him playing to sell tickets when he wasn't.

If it is him, and it is for contractual reasons that he can't be announced yet, it won't have anything to do with resales.

Edited by Bradders

Fleetwood Mac doing IOW - contractual issues.

Playing O2 Arena - '27 and 28 May and 22, 24 26 and 27 June (SATURDAY OF GLASTONBURY) 2015'.

Not in Leeds until Tuesday 30th their next show.

Sunday slot is free.

Been trying to book for years.

Edited by CJTM