• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

The MAC would get a huge crowd, but wouldn't compete.

Led Zeppelin would probably compete. Floyd as well. Maybe Bowie and Oasis.

This might be a fun game, which headliners, have to be alive not necessarily together, would draw the biggest crowd, or a crowd comparable to the stones?

hmm, i think id put Fmac up there too with oasis bowie floyd led zep etc, they're really all in a similar sort of category

Led Zep would be as popular a draw as the stones, Pink Floyd also, don't think there are many acts that would have as much pulling power now. Even McCartney wouldn't these days, I reckon.

It's a good question though. I'd be interested to see who people realistically think could get that field rammed to the rafters.

Led Zep would be as popular a draw as the stones, Pink Floyd also, don't think there are many acts that would have as much pulling power now. Even McCartney wouldn't these days, I reckon.

It's a good question though. I'd be interested to see who people realistically think could get that field rammed to the rafters.

Daft Punk would probably get the biggest crowd out of modern acts?

The MAC would get a huge crowd, but wouldn't compete.

Led Zeppelin would probably compete. Floyd as well. Maybe Bowie and Oasis.

This might be a fun game, which headliners, have to be alive not necessarily together, would draw the biggest crowd, or a crowd comparable to the stones?

Got to be Floyd or Led Zepplin. It would surely get dangerous busy for either of those two. No one would want to miss them regardless of who else was on. For the rarity facter if anything.

Pink Floyd would the ultimate act for me personally.

Don't think the Mac or Daft Punk would be equal to the stones, crowd size wise. The Mac's re-emergence is only a recent thing. They were desperately "uncool" a few years back and it's not as if they've done anything new since. Most people (non-fans, but not haters) would only be able to recognise about 10 FM or DP songs, where they'd know double or even treble that of Stones material.

Prob not on the same level as the Stones, etc, but I remember Amy Winehouse was totally rammed in 2008! And Jay Z was as well after, hard to get in there at all from the front. Jay Z cleared a bit after the start, but is the only time I had to get in from the back!

Got to be Floyd or Led Zepplin. It would surely get dangerous busy for either of those two. No one would want to miss them regardless of who else was on. For the rarity facter if anything.

Pink Floyd would the ultimate act for me personally.

Yeah could potentially be a bigger crowd than stones if it was a one-off rather than full on reunion for either of those 2

I think Bowie would ram the place to the rafters especially since he doesn't play live these days, a lot of people would be in awe at chance to see him and the rest would be the "tick the box" crowd

Other possibilities could be

Oasis

Led Zep

Prince

Madonna

Is that Snoop crowd not a pretty big one? I've seen a fair bit of that view on Glasto, and I'm fairly sure that's not your average crowd.

Didn't Brian Wilson pull an absolute beast of a crowd too?

It's pretty big I'd say, not extraordinary though. Plus the crowd doesn't seem that tightly packed; probably still a bigger crowd than some headliners have got though.

Don't think the Mac or Daft Punk would be equal to the stones, crowd size wise. The Mac's re-emergence is only a recent thing. They were desperately "uncool" a few years back and it's not as if they've done anything new since. Most people (non-fans, but not haters) would only be able to recognise about 10 FM or DP songs, where they'd know double or even treble that of Stones material.

i could name you faaaar more DP or Fmac songs than the stones, but thats almost certainly personal preference, would be an interesting debate though

it is extraordinary, for snoop anyway, he's utter shite

True. Now at least, as much I would definitely have loved being there in the sun, I saw him at Bestival and it was dire. Was a bit gone but I swear he did an Akon cover or something ridiculous.

The people who watch it on TV are missing the whole feeling of being in the crowd etc. they are more likely to pick up on poor vocals than the punters actually there.

The people at home get a sanitised and diluted version of the experiences gained by those there at the time. If the singer/band is off key, the crowd will pick up on it instantly. Trust your instincts.