• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Yes, I am aware they headlined last year. They're one of the headliners in recent years I never understood - they played a bingo hall in Galway a few months before.

A lot of bands play small gigs to warm up for big shows. They also played to 60k people in Leicester the week before headlining Glasto.

(Can't beleive I'm having to defend Kasabian).

A lot of bands play small gigs to warm up for big shows. They also played to 60k people in Leicester the week before headlining Glasto.

(Can't beleive I'm having to defend Kasabian).

When Biffy Clyro get announced next year it will be the same.

Have headined basically every festival but aren't headline status!!

I can see both sides of the argument. The only way this will be settled is if the lineup is released today.

Personally I've never thought it would be today and have always said tomorrow so only time will tell.

Wouldn't settle it at all. There is someone on here saying it will be every day. And someone will eventually get it 'right' claiming to be in the know. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

This last bit isn't aimed at you but some of the hysteria in this thread is baffling. Really can't see why people are getting themselves worked up to the point of near insanity. Some people are having fun but others seem to genuinely spending a lot of time looking for hidden meanings in anything at all where there are none.

Yes, I am aware they headlined last year. They're one of the headliners in recent years I never understood - they played a bingo hall in Galway a few months before.

What a bizarre point. There was also a band that played to approx 500 people in a club called "Echoplex" two months before headlining the festival. Care to take a guess?

With regards to releasing a poster with TBA on, would they keep two acts off this poster. As if the first one fell through and they bumped someone up, they would still need to appear as a TBA. Otherwise people would want to know who the original TBA was going to be if they do bump up.

I know I could have worded this better but hopefully people get the gist!

At this stage, is anyone actually arsed about the 3rd headliner if they were to get a poster with a lot of the main stages on there? I certainly couldn't give two hoots.

I'd rather have park and west holts line up than third pyramid.

Shangri La doing the countdown and then saying were put on hold....WH announcing that their line up is complete but nothing leaks...

I start to believe that the Eavii want to see how many people would pay the balance with only a few acts announced and with one of them quite controversial..

If they do have someone big lined up, even if half of the people would throw back their ticket in the pot, they announce the big one before resale and the festival will be sold out in a matter of hours...

And if most of the people would pay the balance even without the line up, just confirms that the majority still goes to Glastonbury because of Glastonbury and not because of a black rapper or some white guys with guitars..

The problem with the post by the restaurant is the "all should be revealed 2morrow" bit only says "should", and didn't necessarily come from Michael's lips. As Neil said yesterday, they might be saying that based on the comment last year about April 1st. Would be a little misleading, but that might not have been intentional.

The tweet by the waitress (presuming that's what she does there) didn't say anything about an announcement time, nor did their subsequent comment (that I've quoted above somewhere).

But by God I bloody hope something comes soon!

This is exhausting...I really felt like something was coming today.

To make it worse for everyone, I still think it is Madonna.

Did Jo Whiley not ask her anything about Glastonbury at all? If she did not, that's weird. Jo Whiley talks about Glastonbury every minute that she can, why wouldn't she ask one of the rumoured headliners if it is true or not?

Don't speak for 'everyone', that would be brilliant for me. :P

I would love it too, I meant that I'm adding someone back into the mix as soon as they were pretty much ruled out!

I have two weeks off now, this announcement better come soon! Can't get anything done with it lingering around

I hate the thought of Madonna headlining. I'm not gonna make a big song and dance about it, and hopefully just go and see someone else on another stage (Or like last year just go to the naughty corner). I just feel she's so irrelevant, without her appearing at the Brits, her name wouldn't be banded about at all.