Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

feel like i should spoiler this just in case anybody looks in here unaware of the leak...

FUCK! NO! HODOR! 

:( thought the revelation of how he came to only say 'Hodor' was kind of silly, but the whole thing was so emotional that i didn't really care. great episode i thought - starting to ramp up, and surprisingly unrelated to Ramsay in any way. Bran can go suck a dick for allowing that final scene to happen though

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched it, was a fantastic episode which covered a lot of stories but still remained interesting and exciting! 

The way the episode started I was like, hang on, have i missed an episode? Its really moving along quickly now it doesn't have the shackles of the books around it.

I'll talk more when people have watched

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

feel like i should spoiler this just in case anybody looks in here unaware of the leak...

Reveal hidden contents

FUCK! NO! HODOR! 

:( thought the revelation of how he came to only say 'Hodor' was kind of silly, but the whole thing was so emotional that i didn't really care. great episode i thought - starting to ramp up, and surprisingly unrelated to Ramsay in any way. Bran can go suck a dick for allowing that final scene to happen though

it was silly, but honestly the most emotional thing thats happened in Game of Thrones so far

It made the whole gravity of the white walker threat truly real, that all this politics doesn't matter because there's a much greater threat being ignored.

Also... there are true spoilers out on the internet now. Just warning to all those who delve. Basically a couple of months ago someone posted a 'leak' of the plotline of the whole series.

So far, they have got it absolutely 100% right, and it's lead a lot of people on reddit to speculate that some of the most popular theories for season 6 might actually be leaks and not theories. This is because genuine stuff has been on message boards for a long time. So tread carefully guys!

Thanks for that warning Matt.  I'd been told last night of a theory, which was pretty much a reveal of what the big event was, so I'll take extra care to avoid hearing about theories.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching it when I got in from work.  Looking forward to reading people's reactions.

6 hours ago, Spindles said:

Thanks for that warning Matt.  I'd been told last night of a theory, which was pretty much a reveal of what the big event was, so I'll take extra care to avoid hearing about theories.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching it when I got in from work.  Looking forward to reading people's reactions.

Only look at this when you've seen this weeks episode - but it's absolutely crazy

A spoiler for the ending of this weeks episode was online in 2008! 

(this is one that might be more of a coincidence.. but there are so many of these things that are around and discussed on the internet.. then become true)

also ... 

A lot of theories online aren't theories.. they are leaks.

Edited by Matt42

Watching it in daylight sucks, we missed a lot of the detail due to the sun on the telly :lol: 

Not sure what to make of the episode personally; the Bran ones are always my least favourite. And now I'm trying to get my head around how that bit even works in terms of past/present...

3 hours ago, bunique said:

Remind me also: where have the Tullies played a role before?

Catelyn's family. Fought for Robb. The Red Wedding was supposed to be her brother's wedding. Her uncle is the Black Fish mentioned last night. If I remember rightly he left just before the red wedding got all murdery to take a leak. Which was good timing.

Can anyone give me a reason as to why when they knew that the Night King was on his way they did try to leave there and then instead of visiting a point in Winterfell's history? Other than in doing so leading to why Hordor became who we knew what was the significance in them revisiting then? What was the initial purpose for them to do so, especially considering the clock was ticking?

I wondered if it was the Raven's way of showing Bran how powerful he could be i.e. His ability to travel in time and influence things in the past to affect the future. 

Edited by bunique

Great episode apart from the Kingsmoot, they've really done a Dorne with the Iron Islands this season, the kingsmoot is epic in the books, Euron is an absolute boss in the books and look what he was reduced to last night, not impressed with how they handled that at all.

5 minutes ago, swede said:

Great episode apart from the Kingsmoot, they've really done a Dorne with the Iron Islands this season, the kingsmoot is epic in the books, Euron is an absolute boss in the books and look what he was reduced to last night, not impressed with how they handled that at all.

His rallying speech was the least convincing thing this season. 

Did anyone else notice a glimpse of Richard E Grant in the backstage scene with the actors?  I wonder if we'll see more of him or, like the actor that played Ned in the play, it's just a famous face doing a guest spot.