Beck

The 38 year old virgin

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Surely Neil's '8 acts on WH' info puts paid to the notion he's playing there.

You'd think so, but if you for example...

Put floating points on the park (most think they are WH and the Park is very possible) - it frees up a slot. The WH headliner is up for grabs.

I just think his name was a bit too big on the poster for him to be anywhere except the pyramid.

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Sigur Ros - john peel? Who knows. It's all up for grabs

i'd rather they weren't in there as i feel like an out in the open show would just be so much better for them, but it's definitely a possibility

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Really hope he doesn't clash with Sigur Ros. Never seen them. 

Becks recent setlists have been pretty sweet.

yeah, lack of Debra aside, they look amazing. still thinking third or fourth on the Pyramid for him rather than headlining another stage. would be gutted to have to miss him

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i'd rather they weren't in there as i feel like an out in the open show would just be so much better for them, but it's definitely a possibility

yeah, lack of Debra aside, they look amazing. still thinking third or fourth on the Pyramid for him rather than headlining another stage. would be gutted to have to miss him

Headlining West Holts is the only spot for them surely?

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Headlining West Holts is the only spot for them surely?

Sigur Ros? i was all for it a while back but i'm thinking more Park now, despite it seeming far too small for them in my eyes. what with the downbeat James Blake already seemingly being our Saturday WH headliner i can't see Sigur Ros taking up another spot. as has been said many a time, totally goes against the stage's party atmosphere. think it'll be Underworld taking that spot

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sigur Ros? i was all for it a while back but i'm thinking more Park now, despite it seeming far too small for them in my eyes. what with the downbeat James Blake already seemingly being our Saturday WH headliner i can't see Sigur Ros taking up another spot. as has been said many a time, totally goes against the stage's party atmosphere. think it'll be Underworld taking that spot

I know absolutely zero about Sigur Ros outside of a few youtube clips I've seen and liked. And the first or 2nd album I listened to twice about 15 years ago. 

But yeah if its not party music then the Park it is.

• 2 weeks later...

new single Wow being released tomorrow. two little snippets in this article sound interesting! just hope new material doesn't mess up the pretty perfect setlists he's been playing as of late, although i am eager for a new release from him as he's been teasing this new more up tempo album since before the release of Morning Phase

http://www.nme.com/news/beck--2/93902

Ooh I'm excited about this! I really loved Dreams from last year, so if the new album is in the same vein then that has the makings of a really fun set. I've not seen Beck since Midnight Vultures, so it's been years. That coupled with the fact that I'm seeing PJ at Field Day meant the choice between them was relatively easy for me - this makes him even more of a must see.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah gonna be a weird. stoked he's getting a sub length set, but are the crowd really gonna be that in to him or just passing time between Ellie and Coldplay?

Sadly, I think they wont be arsed about him. Thry might know Loser, possibly Sexxlaws and that's your lot.

My plan is to leave after ELO, go and get some food or if Im incapable of eating / fuvcked, I'll go to the Beat hotel to see whatever is on there for a bit (not checked whos on).  Ill head back to the Pyramid as Golding finishes to try and get to my spot at the back of the "pit".

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Beck vs PJ is my only real motherfucker of a clash this year. No idea what to do

It's my worst clash. Always expected it. Would rather PJ be headlining the park.

Saw The Strokes at BST last year, didn't know much Beck before I went, but he was incredible and I had hell of a time. So, I'm sure that even if you are surrounded by Coldplay and Ellie G fans who aren't "in to him", they will be by the end of his set for sure! Can't wait!

Just now, Cian T said:

Saw The Strokes at BST last year, didn't know much Beck before I went, but he was incredible and I had hell of a time. So, I'm sure that even if you are surrounded by Coldplay and Ellie G fans who aren't "in to him", they will be by the end of his set for sure! Can't wait!

yeah never seen him live but have heard nothing but great things of his live shows so hopefully he'll convert the crowd (and my friends who i'll be dragging along). how can people not get down and boogey to the likes of Sexx Laws!? almost impossible

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah never seen him live but have heard nothing but great things of his live shows so hopefully he'll convert the crowd (and my friends who i'll be dragging along). how can people not get down and boogey to the likes of Sexx Laws!? almost impossible

I have heard it said that he'll go down poorly with the Coldplay crowd but yeah I reckon he can 'convert' em. He's a fantastic showman even if you don't know the songs, and surely everyone will enjoy the singalong to Loser. Regardless, I really wish they had put Ellie G on after him - seeing both him and PJ would make Sunday so much better, but as it stands PJ's winning as the one I haven't seen.

Beck is a must see for me, top 3 of the weekend. I seem to see him once every 10 years:

Glasto 97 - don't remember much, Friday on pyramid I think, he was the only act that day that no one threw mud at

V '06 - don't judge, no glasto that year, and beck followed by radiohead on the main stage couldn't be missed. He was bloody amazing, and had the 'puppet' show on the side of the stage if anyone remembers, very funny

Glasto 16 - can't bloody wait!