Jon Hopkins

ThomThomDrum

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( I wanted in that gig so bad but I walked out of Kelis and saw a mahoosive queue and thought 'ahhh hell I don't think ima get in' I was probably wrong xD

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but you were indeed wrong. They didn't open the Corn Exchange until about 11:30 so basically that queue was waiting for an empty room. (we'd left Komedia at about 11 and asked the guys on the door).

Worth knowing for next year though.

So it looks like he is 3rd from top on the Sat. No time yet, so I have no idea who he will clash with but a few things are for certain I believe, he aint playing more than the once; he aint playing late night; and he will defo be clashing with someone big I want to see :(

Edited by ThomThomDrum

I'm very upset about this. I'm fairly sure I'll be up at The Park. Hmm, actually I might fuck Mogwai off to go see him, but it's more likely he'll be clashing with John Grant, who is a non-negotiable for me!

The battle of the Jo(h)ns!

Thats the pickle I see myself in too! :( And the Mrs will no way miss Grant (cant blame her!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I chose Metallica, as I would never get to see them ever again (as I would never actually buy a ticket to a Metallica gig), so what was Hopkins like? Anyone know what he played? His setlist only reads Insides and Light Through the Veins on Setlist FM. I take it he did not play any of the real slow stuff like Abandon Window etc?