Jon Hopkins

ThomThomDrum

Ah come on. Even if he was (which he isnt), to listen to his tunage in the right setting, in the right mood, on the right system, with the right people would make for a super experience.

Lads who saw him in Germany last week reliably inform me that his gig was pretty special.

Personally I would like to see him a his own gig rather than a festival, but as I know Ill be at Glasto this year I will take that over not seeing him at all.

Yep. Add to this that his lights are pretty special too. Top stuff.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like Open Eye Signal, but even that song compared to his other stuff, I found... boring. I'm going to get a good pair of headphones and go on a music listening walk. It must be the background listening thing, I'm the ONLY person who feels this way. I suspect I'm not hearing the details properly.

I saw him at Body & Soul festival last year, he was brilliant, his show is basically a condensed version of Immunity and Insides, the way he has mixed the live show is flawless plus he is very entertaining with his kaoss pads and affects. The Boiler Room set is a good indicator of what his live show will be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t3fk4QPlD4

And the clip I took of him at Body & Soul festival 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOLqZqjNgY

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Of all the "bigger" acts that I'm hoping to see at Glastonbury, Jon Hopkins is right up there above all of them. I love all of his work - solo, soundtracks, Coldplay - and it looks like he'll do a straight-up set of his dancier tracks set to light and video, which would be perfect for an after-hours set for me.