Jon Hopkins

ThomThomDrum

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what the last song of the set was? It was quite heavy break beats.

Yeh he dropped this at Body & Soul festival too, a remix of some track kinda like We Disappear, nice and crunchy, or maybe you are referring to the drum n bass track Vessel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x8278fLKMOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09bPjd-AAC8

Yeh he dropped this at Body & Soul festival too, a remix of some track kinda like We Disappear, nice and crunchy, or maybe you are referring to the drum n bass track Vessel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x8278fLKMOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09bPjd-AAC8

Cheers! I'm not sure it was the first one and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Vessel. Having said all of this I wasn't in the best of states so I could have been hearing something completely different , haha.

i saw John (we are on first name terms now) a few weeks back at field day and the last track that he played at glasto was not on the f.d. set list. i have not heard it before, but that does not mean it is an old one. either way.... it was a banging tune i did comment on it to many people at the time stating this.

fuck..... i'm still woozy from pilton. when will this madness stop!

• 1 month later...

i saw John (we are on first name terms now) a few weeks back at field day and the last track that he played at glasto was not on the f.d. set list. i have not heard it before, but that does not mean it is an old one. either way.... it was a banging tune i did comment on it to many people at the time stating this.

fuck..... i'm still woozy from pilton. when will this madness stop!

You might want to spell his name correctly so! ;)

• 4 months later...

So Mr Hopkins has been announced for the Electric Picnic in Ireland next Summer already. Hopefully this is a good sign that he will be doing the festival circuit again next year and may drop in for a cuppa down Worthy way.........

Gutted I missed him last time, but I will be taking a trip to London next year to catch him at the Brixton Ac. So very much looking forward to that :)

Edited by ThomThomDrum

I saw him at Bestival in 2013 and he absolutely blew me away, all of my mates bailed out after the opening track as they got bored - it was probably the set of the weekend for me, can't wait for the Brixton show and I'm hoping he pops up at Glastonbury, would love him in a late night setting or even in the John Peel tent, although admittedly I wouldn't imagine he is big enough for that sort of stage in anything but an early slot.

yep should be good, not too fond of the new (well old) venue though

I was there for the Caribou/Four Tet/Carl Craig night and it wasn't too bad. Definitely prefer to last years space.

Main problem for me was the relatively high proportion of idiots that WHP somehow attracts but these seemed to disappear as the night went on...Had a cracking time anyway.

For me this is the line up of the series - enjoy! Really wanted to go but was at the Hydra last Friday and I don't think my husband would be too pleased with back to back weekends away :)

Edited by OBface

I was at WHP last year, found it was absolutely rammed full of idiots at the start of the evening and then by about 1am it started to empty out a bit, I guess a lot of the people who would perhaps be classed as 'idiots' are pretty poor at pacing themselves and end up going home early.

I was at that one too, I managed to get an alright spot for Hot Chip actually, I'm not a big fan of Chic myself so waited until they had finished before getting down the front for 2 Many DJ's - I seem to remember spending most of my time in the 2nd room? That was a pretty decent space in there though, tons of smoke, hardly any lights - delightful.

The Hot Chip/Chic night was great but horrible at the same time. Dangerously overcrowded and uncomfortable.

The store street venue is so much better, probably because it's about half of the capacity. I'm really tempted for Jon Hopkins tonight, so I might end up touting a ticket outside. Fingers crossed.

I was there for the Caribou/Four Tet/Carl Craig night and it wasn't too bad. Definitely prefer to last years space.

Main problem for me was the relatively high proportion of idiots that WHP somehow attracts but these seemed to disappear as the night went on...Had a cracking time anyway.

For me this is the line up of the series - enjoy! Really wanted to go but was at the Hydra last Friday and I don't think my husband would be too pleased with back to back weekends away :)

That's the one I went to this year. Was awesome just a bit too cramped. It's because of all the students probably, the amount of people I know who've been to an event this year just because it's whp is shocking. By that I mean they don't know a single act of the day they're going.

Thats James Blake one the other week was particularly bad because it didn't sell out so lots of students were going just because it was the only date they could get tickets for.

I'm a sucker for a big room, lots of lazers and a good production that's probably why I like the old one more

That's the one I went to this year. Was awesome just a bit too cramped. It's because of all the students probably, the amount of people I know who've been to an event this year just because it's whp is shocking. By that I mean they don't know a single act of the day they're going.

Thats James Blake one the other week was particularly bad because it didn't sell out so lots of students were going just because it was the only date they could get tickets for.

I'm a sucker for a big room, lots of lazers and a good production that's probably why I like the old one more

The number of girls holding hands and moving across the floor in lines of 10 or more was ridiculous. Obviously didn't have a clue who Caribou was. Luckily they got bored 15 or so minutes in his set and cleared off.

From memory the Jamie XX night sold out pretty swiftly so hopefully you won't have the same problem tonight.

Well that was excellent, sooooo cramped for Jon Hopkind though, died off for Jamie XX and Modeselektor so I enjoyed them a lot more

It was absolutely amazing. Really solid WHP, there wasn't a bad act the whole evening. Talabot - Hopkins - Jamie XX , Modeselektor, what a run. Been wanting to see John Talabot for ages and he delivered a perfect set of tech-house.

It was absolutely amazing. Really solid WHP, there wasn't a bad act the whole evening. Talabot - Hopkins - Jamie XX , Modeselektor, what a run. Been wanting to see John Talabot for ages and he delivered a perfect set of tech-house.

I seen John Talabot last year at whp and he was really good, then again at Bestival this year where he was fucking terrible so with that fresh in my mind I wasn't really looking forward to him but he was fantastic as well.

Veryyy strict searches last night I thought, I got my mouth searched (which has never happened before) and security kept coming up to me in the crowd searching my hands as 'I looked like I was hiding something'

Veryyy strict searches last night I thought, I got my mouth searched (which has never happened before) and security kept coming up to me in the crowd searching my hands as 'I looked like I was hiding something'

That's weird. Only 1 out of the 5 of us got searched going in, and it was the standard pockets, wallet job. Didn't have any problems inside the venue either, you must look like a dealer :P

Edited by zero000