Metallica 2014

JamesT977

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought they pulled it off magnificently and their clear admiration of the festival's ethos only heightened my enjoyment of it. Their chosen setlist certainly wasn't for me (FIVE songs off the Black Album yet only one from MoP and K'EA?) but they were always going to tailor their show towards newcomers and casuals. Top stuff.

BBC estimate 80 - 90k in the audience.

we were just behind the sound stage and to the left, by the toilets, and there was absolutely nobody there..walked through the same area on sunday on our way back to the tent and it was rammed for kasabian... so is 80-90k on the pyramid a small crowd?

Didnt like the actual music at all and left after 2 songs, along with a fair few others.

I can usually stick out an act, but not this band. Definitely not for me.

yeah i was convinced to give them a try but only lasted about half an hour, we left during 'cynaide' which frankly sounded exactly the same as the songs just before it

Edited by Zac Quinn

I thought the setlist was exactly what to expect from a metallica gig, so the fact they did it at glasto was great. Coming straight out with that video and into creeping death was a perfect start. Everyone singing along to a song like creeping death proved outright at although not their usual crowd, metallica are still a very popular band.

Having seen them countless times in the past, i thought they started off a bit shaky lots of bum notes,out of key and well out of tune on some. Once they got in to their stride they proper nailed it.

As my 12 year old said "Dad They can't half shred a guitar"

Hopefully not so they can censor James' swearing! :(

I don't think he swore much? or if he did i was too busy getting in to it to notice.

Amazing, took my 7 year old son dressed in his dinosaur onesies (very tired bless him) had a fantastic night made even better by everyone around us high fiveing him..thanx ..

There were quite a few kids around us and all seemed to be enjoying the loudness and sheer power of the music.

i quite liked the lack of pyro, made it a bit less ridiculous

I hate the lack of pyro, it spoils a metal show for me.

It was all kinds of fucking awesome.

Loved the set list, thought they pitched it just right and the intro video was great.

Those bloody beach balls aren't easy on the head though :)

We got the first beach ball that fell from the speaker tower behind the sound desk.

They were a pig to deflate and ours was spotlessly clean, walking about afterwards we saw people trying to deflate some that were caked in an inch of mud.

Without a doubt the highlight of the weekend for me, but as a lifelong Metallica fan i suppose it was always going to be. I actually felt a bit emotional at the end as stupid as it may sound, an over whelming sense of pride that the band had played such an amazing set when so much was at stake.

I hope fellow Metallica fans enjoyed the show as much as I did

For those of you who had not been a fan and decided to take time of your weekend to see them I salute you. I hope you enjoyed it, and if not, fair play for being open minded and taking a chance, that is what music is about, that is what glasto is about.

We was in the front area and see no pits. My brother and friends were about fifteen feet away and reckon they were in one of the biggest pits they have seen at Glastonbury!!!

Goes to show ypu really can't see what's going on only a few feet away in a big, packed crowd

We was in the front area and see no pits. My brother and friends were about fifteen feet away and reckon they were in one of the biggest pits they have seen at Glastonbury!!!

Goes to show ypu really can't see what's going on only a few feet away in a big, packed crowd

Yeah, I was in the one about 6-7 rows from the front thriughout, was all good fun, and I hope no one got pissed off by it

i didn't see any pits but i definitely had a good jump around / push and shove with the people around me which was a lot of fun. haven't got that involved in a gig in a long time as i usually tend to stay near the middle / back these days, but... it's Metallica. if i'd been anywhere but in the depths of the crowd i would've felt like i was missing out

probably the last time i'll ever get to see them as well as i doubt i'd go to one of their own shows / attend a festival that they're playing at, although i hope that's not the case. still need to see Battery live!

No missed that one in the end we were chilling out sunday night with a big cookoff round the campfire and it felt a shame to run away from it to go to see a band by myself....good set?

Bloody brilliant. Circle pit in Leftfield! You'd have loved that.

Within about 10 seconds of Creeping Death circle pits had formed on each side of me. Looked to one side and thought "Oh, wasn't expecting that", then turned the other way and saw another!

Edit: Oh and I watched it back again today; looked just as good second time around.

Edited by Will-2609