Metallica 2014

JamesT977

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear it went down so well. I watched the intro and first 2 songs up on the path at the back of the field. Was fun to hear the likes of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park blasting from the pyramid pre-gig!

Didn't stay as I'd decided I wanted a night away from the biggest stages, so went to see Jon Hopkins at the Glade, and the 2nd half of Mogwai.

Last nights set list

SETLIST

MAIN SET

1. Battery

2. Master of Puppets

3. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

4. Ride the Lightning

5. The Unforgiven

6. Fuel

7. Lords of Summer

8. Sad But True

9. Fade to Black

10. Creeping Death

11. One

12. For Whom the Bell Tolls

13. Blackened

14. Nothing Else Matters

15. Enter Sandman

ENCORE

16. Whiskey in the Jar

17. ...And Justice for All

18. Seek & Destroy

Last nights set list

SETLIST

MAIN SET

1. Battery

2. Master of Puppets

3. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

4. Ride the Lightning

5. The Unforgiven

6. Fuel

7. Lords of Summer

8. Sad But True

9. Fade to Black

10. Creeping Death

11. One

12. For Whom the Bell Tolls

13. Blackened

14. Nothing Else Matters

15. Enter Sandman

ENCORE

16. Whiskey in the Jar

17. ...And Justice for All

18. Seek & Destroy

Last nights gig was amazing. Smashed it, but then Metallica by request at Soni is an easy one for them.

Have to say, as a first timer I thought Sonisphere was a fantastic festival. Good size, great stage setup, loads of great gigs and all I met was brilliant people. Didn't see a single bit of dickish behaviour all weekend. Metal fans really are a great bunch.

Glad to hear it went down so well. I watched the intro and first 2 songs up on the path at the back of the field. Was fun to hear the likes of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park blasting from the pyramid pre-gig!

Didn't stay as I'd decided I wanted a night away from the biggest stages, so went to see Jon Hopkins at the Glade, and the 2nd half of Mogwai.

What were Mogwai like ?

That was the clash from hell for me

What were Mogwai like ?

That was the clash from hell for me

I'd never listened to them before but quite liked the sound of them when mentioned on here. Saw the 2nd half and they were great. Not often you get to eat spicy Italian meatballs while being blasted by a wall of guitars. Only downer was the constant thumping of neighbouring venues during the quiet, ambient moments

Supposed set list for video crew from Glastonbury on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metallica-Set-List-Glastonbury-Festival-2014-Memorabilia/111402427819?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D24059%26meid%3D8237590426671426811%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D10244%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D281378556378

If genuine it interestingly has Enter Sandman and Creeping Death in opposite slots. Also has what may (but probably not) be a message from Michael or Emily.

Still loads selling the beach balls. Did anyone who caught one actually keep it?

Edited to change from lighting crew to video crew.

Edited by Gnomicide

So who got a black metallica beachball and who got one of the mega mega big colourful ones bouncing about?

I've been told they are selling for silly amounts on fleabay.

We got a black beach ball, probably one of the first that fell and it landed right in our arms and not thinking of selling it, my 12 year old son that caught it would kill me.

Edited by neilloggie

• 3 weeks later...