Metallica 2014

JamesT977

this video 4.00 THAT was what you call a glastonbury moment love how lars is doing the conducter thing haha.

haven't got round to watching their set yet but damn that was good. really wish i'd stayed a little more sober for this so i could remember it more. seeing half of the setlist when i got home was a shock to me as i couldn't remember some of the songs being played. what a tit

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Metallica fan and loved the show. There were a lot of bum notes, out of tune singing/guitars and mistakes but it was still awesome. I think if they've slowed down just a little bit they would've been able to keep it tight - but then that's not very metal is it?

I think a lot of the tuning problems had a lot to do with the volume as well. It was by far the loudest band I've seen play the Pyramid. The sheer number of people running away from the front during the sound check is testament to that. However when I moved a little further back the sound was brilliant and LOUD!

We got the first beach ball that fell from the speaker tower behind the sound desk.

They were a pig to deflate and ours was spotlessly clean, walking about afterwards we saw people trying to deflate some that were caked in an inch of mud.

I managed to get one of these. My best friend (who's also a fan) couldn't be there as his g/f was giving birth to their first child during the set! So the kid will one day be getting that ball with the date on it. Shame that he was finally born just after midnight!!!

I loved the way James Hetfield put in a word for British heavy bands as well.

Bruce Dickinson is looking very petty.

Show's they pay attention, care and appreciate the fans and the festival. Wonder if Bruce would like to make another comment? lol

Thought it was a brilliant.

Loved hearing the first riff of seek and destroy played in the sound check and hearing the reaction down the front.

What surprised me was the amount of people that joined in with the DIE DIE part of creeping death. I though ohhh this is happening. The singalong at the end of the memory remains was also a moment in itself.

BBC coverage doesn't do the whole gig justice but still isn't bad. I thought live that the sound quality eclipsed that of arcade fire the night before.

talking of iron maiden and bruce dickenson.........thats who william hill have as favourites for headlining 2015 apprently after metallicas success with other top bets being ac/dc and foofighters....

http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/music/news/maiden-foos-ac-dc-glasto/

now that would be fucking outstanding!

i don't know why they have Iron Maiden as their favourites. clearly haven't looked in to it much considering Bruce Dickinson has been pretty vocal about his dislike for the festival. starting to think that AC/DC are a sure thing though, along with Fleetwood Mac

Look very carefully at the quote `We've got three headliners already and that's without Prince. We've got some good headliners. We had an agent [for a band] yesterday on the platform by the stage watching Metallica with me, saying, 'My band want to do it next year'.

I can't tell you who it was but that was done on the platform watching Metallica. It it a British artist? He's definitely British, but the band are not British any more."`

We had an agent [for a band] yesterday on the platform by the stage watching Metallica with me, saying, 'My band want to do it next year'.

so its a band, someone whod want to see how well metallica went down before commiting........gotta be a rock or metal band then surly? that leads credence to the rumour i guess.

It seems that this was Metallica's manager Peter Mensch - who seems to also count AC/DC among his clients now.

With a new manager they might - Brian Johnson has also said they're up for playing more festivals and they've also done it pre-Download without the excessive demands.

Ahh right possibly then, not my cup of tea to be honest. Actually didn't Neil say something about them going for AC/DC first this year and settled on metallica?

Ahh right possibly then, not my cup of tea to be honest. Actually didn't Neil say something about them going for AC/DC first this year and settled on metallica?

He did mention it but then I think retracted it as bum info. Weren't touring this year anyway - but next year, well...who knows? A few people have certainly made the connection based on the Eavis quote and they're more likely than Iron Maiden. To put it mildly.

I chose to watch Metallica from right at the back up on the hill after Pixies. I thought they were alright. Not my highlight of the festival, that belongs to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. But nevertheless, it was an impressive sight and sound to experience Metallica at Glastonbury. I'm really hoping another different, diverse music genre act headlines one of the days at the Pyramid next year.