Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream last night that Patti Smith self confirmed on a bridge and Emily let me and me pal come up and speak to them - I then realised that Patti Smith confirmed for the Friday and Christy Moore is on that night and I had to beg her to move to Sat and she did. Very bizarre.

I think Caribou/Hot Chip would be a really odd clash, so reckon they could sub hot chip on West Holts - would be a fucking perfect friday night

Now that would be a dream come true, not only would I be seeing 2 acts I absolutely love I would also be close to the SE Corner to nip in after the acts for a night of debauched fun - a win win in every possible way.

I think Caribou/Hot Chip would be a really odd clash, so reckon they could sub hot chip on West Holts - would be a fucking perfect friday night

It really would.

See that Wolf Alice are a strong rumour for the Park on Friday. Don't know much about them or have any idea of where they'd place (probably not that high?) but even so, don't really see them leading up to a Caribou type set later on in the day.This is massively clutching at straws I appreciate!!

Edited by OBface

Odd thing for me about Caribou is that track Sun becoming a massive sort of crossover success, but it being one of the weker things he's done.

The Andorra album is just fantastic.

I love that people have done lyric pages for Sun.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/caribou/sun.html

Edited by Winslow Leach

Now that would be a dream come true, not only would I be seeing 2 acts I absolutely love I would also be close to the SE Corner to nip in after the acts for a night of debauched fun - a win win in every possible way.

haha yes! so much this!

I would bet that caribou headline the park though, if only because my "everything clashes on the friday" theory is bound to come true given the last 2 festivals have had a pile up on friday with a lot less quality on sat and sun....

See that Wolf Alice are a strong rumour for the Park on Friday. Don't know much about them or have any idea of where they'd place (probably not that high?)

I find it a bit strange that an up and coming band with a new album out and coming off the back of a really well attended tour wouldn't be in the John Peel tent. It could indicate that they've got quite a high slot on Park (3rd/4th?). Anyway, wherever and whenever they play people should check them out because they're amazing.

Caribou headlining would be a dream and I'd probably see him over Hot Chip. I also feel a bit guilty not seeing anyone on the Park Stage yet so this would be the ideal introduction.

Edited by youwhatmate

I find it a bit strange that an up and coming band with a new album out and coming off the back of a really well attended tour wouldn't be in the John Peel tent. It could indicate that they've got quite a high slot on Park (3rd/4th?). Anyway, wherever and whenever they play people should check them out because they're amazing.

Caribou headlining would be a dream and I'd probably see him over Hot Chip. I also feel a bit guilty not seeing anyone on the Park Stage yet so this would be the ideal introduction.

They played John Peel last year so it would have been strange to put them there again. I reckon 4th down on the Park, yeah.