Q Magazine - "Kasabian New Album in June so Glasto..."

Guest Grateful Ghoul

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if they came back and subbed most of the big festivals next year. Although interestingly, the more likely to top the bill is Two Door Cinema Club based on the size of their crowd at the O2 (almost sell out) compared to The Vaccines who only sold out the lower tier. Saying this, I probably agree and don't see either topping the Pyramid, but maybe the Other Stage.

From acts which came out last year I think Disclosure could make the step up in the next couple of albums, certainly have enough to be able to headline the Other Stage after their next album, and I can only see them getting bigger.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came back and subbed most of the big festivals next year. Although interestingly, the more likely to top the bill is Two Door Cinema Club based on the size of their crowd at the O2 (almost sell out) compared to The Vaccines who only sold out the lower tier. Saying this, I probably agree and don't see either topping the Pyramid, but maybe the Other Stage.

From acts which came out last year I think Disclosure could make the step up in the next couple of albums, certainly have enough to be able to headline the Other Stage after their next album, and I can only see them getting bigger.

Yeah but you made it seem like someone was forcing you to see them!

I find people complaining about festival lineups so pointless, if you don't like a headliner, don't go see them. If you don't like a lineup, don't go. Some people do love the vaccines and would love to see them! They impressed me in 2013, and i'd be open to (a few more albums down the line) to a headline set. However they'd have to bring out something rather big.

I wasn't complaining about a whole festival line up....?

I purely expressed my distaste for the band and said I don't know what I'd do if they headlined Glastonbury meaning that it would worry me as I've no idea how people like them..... (what I wrote but slightly clearer maybe) I think you've read the first line of my post and just argued with that.

Glad you like them though, I'm sure there's a lot of bands I like that you don't and it would worry you if one of them headlined Glastonbury.

I also agree with your point that people hating one headliner and choosing not to go or moaning about it when there's so much else to do is silly. But that is not what I meant :)

Some bands are just "of their time" I guess.

For example the killers. They captured peoples imagination with their music for whatever reason. I saw the killers play the tent in 2004 and it was brilliant. I thought their first album was ace. There is no way I would ever play it now though, and each album since has tried and failed to repeat that success. There is no longevity in their music, the first album sounds very dated now.

Whereas I think the likes of radiohead have evolved as time's gone by and so have repeat value as headliner.

If the killers headlined now, the best received songs would be those from their first album. Radiohead could play now and not do any songs they played in 1997 and it would still be well received.

I remember seeing The Killers supporting Stellastar at The Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth a number of years back. I'd never heard of them before, they were brilliant. Still not as good as Stellastar (then or now!) but you could tell they were on the up.